4 - 17 at INDIANS

OFFNY

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If the pitcher is throwing strikes early in the count like Fausto was all day, fouling off pitches is the only way to get the count in your favor, or at least get a pitch you can drive. What matters is you are making tjhe opposing pitcher work.

My point is that we foul off pitches out of the strike zone and far too often but those balls into play. We are LAST in MLB in walks, that has nothing to do with Fausto, it's our lack of plate discipline and our lack of being able to work the counts in our favor for either a walk or a hitters pitch.

Right, so tomorrow, Buck will say he cant pitch three days in a row.

Actually, he said that since Koji only through 5 pitches and the Koji and Bang had agreed to pitch on concecutive days , that he would. That is what actually happened.

I've stumbled on the side of twelve misty mountains

I've walked and I've crawled on six crooked highways

I've stepped in the middle of seven sad forests

I've been out in front of a dozen dead oceans

I've been ten thousand miles in the mouth of a graveyard

And it's a hard, it's a hard, it's a hard, and it's a hard

It's a hard rain's a-gonna fall.

They are last in the major leagues in BB.. The 4.2 P/PA means nothing if your fouling off balls instead of taking them and getting favorable hitting counts. Markakis was the tying run and swings at the first pitch that bounces before the plate. Bad baseball.

Lee swings at the first pitch when we need base runners in the 9th as does Scott..WTF?

Archived