Predict the Top Four Selections of the 2011 MLB Draft

I'm not sure why it would be very suprising to see the O's take the college lefty over the HS righty when they are considered to be relatively equal talents. I know there is already an established Bundy/O's connection but I'm not sure that sways Jordan and the FO enough to go Bundy over Hultzen.

I agree. However, if Mr. Jordan can sell AM and BS on Bundy making it to the bigs on a similar timeline as a college arm, I think that is still most likely. But I do think Jordan would have to sell the pick a tiny bit harder than he would if he were coming to the brain trust with a durable college arm at the top of his pref list.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will anyone be disappointed if we select either Rendon or Starling with our 4th pick? If Rendon is gone and Starling is still there should we be worried he might go to college? Would we and should we take him over Bauer or Bundy if they are all there when we pick 4th? I have already said I think Rendon will slip to us due to his reduced power and injury history. Starling continues to get rave reviews. Is he really that good and is he a better prospect than Rendon? Is he a gamble coming out of H.S. vs Rendon with several years of college? You can't blow this pick. Who do you choose? I'm still taking Rendon if he is there. If he is gone Bauer, Bundy or Starling? Can you really miss with any of them. They appear to be #1 quality players. I am tempted to go with Starling but I would go with Bauer.

Call me crazy, but I'm calling it now: Rendon falls to something like 8-10 overall. There's a lot of negative press out on him right now killing his stock. I feel like Justin Smoak had the same thing happen to him and got drafted way later than he should have.

In my opinion it all comes down to what teams are looking for pitching and what teams are looking for hitters. It has been rumored that the Mariners, Royals, Nationals, and Indians could all be in on hitters. The Diamondbacks could be looking for a hitter at #7 as well. I doubt a talent like Rendon falls past the Mariners, Royals and Nationals.

Based on a couple recent quotes I doubt the Orioles would pop on Rendon if he fell to #4. I think the Orioles need more hitting, but we need more pitching as well so as long as we pick a talented player who is likely to make it to the big leagues and contribute then I will be happy.

In my opinion it all comes down to what teams are looking for pitching and what teams are looking for hitters. It has been rumored that the Mariners, Royals, Nationals, and Indians could all be in on hitters. The Diamondbacks could be looking for a hitter at #7 as well. I doubt a talent like Rendon falls past the Mariners, Royals and Nationals.

Based on a couple recent quotes I doubt the Orioles would pop on Rendon if he fell to #4. I think the Orioles need more hitting, but we need more pitching as well so as long as we pick a talented player who is likely to make it to the big leagues and contribute then I will be happy.

Jordan seemed to prefer a hitter (Rendon) if he could get him based on his comments to Amber IMO.

I doubt the Mariners pass on Rendon though. It's a smokescreen IMO. They are looking at Lindor and Starling to try to get Rendon to lower his demands with his injury IMO.

Jordan seemed to prefer a hitter (Rendon) if he could get him based on his comments to Amber IMO.

I doubt the Mariners pass on Rendon though. It's a smokescreen IMO. They are looking at Lindor and Starling to try to get Rendon to lower his demands with his injury IMO.

Trea the O's should take Starling over the pitchers if they pass on him.

Trea the O's should take Starling over the pitchers if they pass on him.

Starling is still pretty raw. It's hard to pass up on Bundy if he's there. However if the M's take Starling and the DBacks take Bundy, the O's have to jump on Rendon.

I hope they get Hultzen. Bring Danny home to Maryland!! The epitome of finesse pitcher, he would be a great pickup.

Did you read Laws write up? It left me thoroughly unimpressed. The O's shouldn't waste a high pick on what he makes sound like a #3 starter best case.

Did you read Laws write up? It left me thoroughly unimpressed. The O's shouldn't waste a high pick on what he makes sound like a #3 starter best case.

It seems every other player that was discussed (by the OH, at least), as many as 10 to 12, has a higher ceiling than Hultzen. He is the only player I don't want the O's to take. It just doesn't sound like the ceiling is there in a class like this.

That doesn't make any sense. It's not like the M's can draft him, after he lowered his demands, and then threaten to re-do and draft Lindor or Starling if he raises his demands again.

That doesn't make any sense. It's not like the M's can draft him, after he lowered his demands, and then threaten to re-do and draft Lindor or Starling if he raises his demands again.

If the Mariners don't take him, he could drop out of the top 5 which would force him to lower his demands or go back for his senior season.

Archived