Vote for Adam Jones on the fan ballot!

JTrea81

Oh yeah. For the record, I voted for Adam Jones ........ 25 times. And yes, I voted for him because he is an Oriole. However, if other fans vote for players based on merit rather than their team favoritism, then their voting rationale is just as legitimate as my pro-Orioles rationale in my voting.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is one ridiculous analogy. It's the All Star game! It doesn't matter! If someone wants to vote for Adam Jones because he's an Oriole, cool. If someone wants to vote for Paul Konerko because he's obviously having a better year, that's also cool. It's a meaningless exhibition game.

It's about team pride actually that is lacking organization and fanbase wide.

When our fans are voting in non-Oriole players ahead of Orioles, it's time to start questioning things...

Especially when Boston and New York fans have already turned the AS Game into a popularity contest, so it is what it is.

You wonder why players don't want to come here and then you see that the Orioles fans are being outdone by Royals fans.

People get upset at Tex for liking Don Mattingly and say he wasn't a true Orioles fan. Pretend Konerko is Mattingly. See the hypocrisy?

You could if you'd realize the All-Star game is a popularity contest and not necessarily about performance.

It is both. I voted for Cal every year, just like everyone else. When an Oriole has a legit argument for a spot, I vote for them even if there is someone a smidge better. But when we're not talking about an HOF quality player, and the merits aren't close, I vote on the merits.

P.S. -- If Nick were on the ballot, I'd probably vote for him, because he is my favorite player and he has never been to an all star game despite being above average his entire career so far. I never said my voting policies were inflexible! But Jones has been there once already, and seemed to get a swelled head about it, so I don't feel compelled to help him get in again when he doesn't deserve it.

It's about team pride actually that is lacking organization and fanbase wide.

When our fans are voting in non-Oriole players ahead of Orioles, it's time to start questioning things...

Now that is just silly. I've voted for the All Star Game for 40 years or so, when the team was great, good, mediocre and bad. My views on voting really have not changed regardless of how good the team was at any given time. Of course, when the team is good, it's because it has lots of good players, and the arguments on the merits for putting guys on the all star team are better.

People get upset at Tex for liking Don Mattingly and say he wasn't a true Orioles fan. Pretend Konerko is Mattingly. See the hypocrisy?

Uh, no. This analogy doesn't make sense on any level. To begin with, the Chicago White Sox are not our hated rival. Second of all, we are not talking about liking a player, we are talking about who we choose to vote for in the All Star Game. Thirdly, if Tex had come to Baltimore to play, nobody would give a rat's behind that he liked Don Mattingly. People only care that he chose to go to our hated rival because he could make the most money there, instead of playing in his home town. I really don't see any connection at all.

Uh, no. This analogy doesn't make sense on any level. To begin with, the Chicago White Sox are not our hated rival. Second of all, we are not talking about liking a player, we are talking about who we choose to vote for in the All Star Game. Thirdly, if Tex had come to Baltimore to play, nobody would give a rat's behind that he liked Don Mattingly. People only care that he chose to go to our hated rival because he could make the most money there, instead of playing in his home town. I really don't see any connection at all.

The connection is our player (Jones) isn't good enough so you'd rather watch somebody else (Konerko).

Obviously they are all worthy as there are only 5 guys to pick from out of the entire league. I am going with our guy and have voted no fewer than 200 times. Go Team Jonesy! Sorry I didn't mean to go all Twilight on everyone there.

Obviously they are all worthy as there are only 5 guys to pick from out of the entire league. I am going with our guy and have voted no fewer than 200 times. Go Team Jonesy! Sorry I didn't mean to go all Twilight on everyone there.

I voted for Adam the first day, maybe 40 times. Then came the last game against the Braves where he tried to hit a home run every swing, then came the first game against Texas where two balls went over his head. I stopped voting.

Archived