Vote for Adam Jones on the fan ballot!

JTrea81

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seeing them in the playoffs.

Hardy har har.

Guess I need to make a few qualifiers. Whats better than seeing your players in the All Star Game when you haven't sniffed a winning season this side of the war of 1812. :)

Great thought process, Yankee fans thought the same way when they voted for Jeter.

Right. And if Yankee fans behave a certain way, then by all means, we should use them as our role models and act accordi ...... eh, never mind.

Hardy har har.

Guess I need to make a few qualifiers. Whats better than seeing your players in the All Star Game when you haven't sniffed a winning season

this side of the war of 1812. :)

That war was officially declared a draw. The British were robbed. Bad umpiring.

Right. And if Yankee fans behave a certain way, then by all means, we should use them as our role models and act accordi ...... eh, never mind.

You're darn right we should. I for one would love to see sold out crowds every night and see four or five All Stars a year.

You're darn right we should. I for one would love to see sold out crowds every night and see four or five All Stars a year.

If their "behavior" is so admirable, why not simply become a Yankee fan then ?

If their "behavior" is so admirable, why not simply become a Yankee fan then ?

That logic does not make any sense. If you want to vote for the player that most deserves it, that's fine. I'm just saying it would be nice to see some passion from our fanbase and see the All-Star game for what it really is, a fan event. That's why the fans choose the starters, this game is as much for the fans as it is recognition of who the best players. Voting for players is about supporting your own guys. Showing how much you appreciate having them on your team, representing your city. Forget the Yankees, do you really think Red Sox, White Sox, Angels, Philly, and Rangers fans are voting for who they think "deserves" to go? I never used the word "behavior", what I was referring to was the passion of these fanbases that I mentioned to get their guy into the game to rep their team and their city.

The Oriole fanbase does not seem to have that passion anymore. I know we have the ability to support our guys. We voted Cal into the All-Star game five times more than he probably "deserved" it. We continue to vote for Ray Lewis in the Pro Bowl even though a lot of us acknowledge he may not "deserve" it. Fan bases do this because they want to see their team reped, their city reped. I doubt the fanbases in Philly, Chicago, LA, NY, and BOS care whether their guy deserves to go, it's beyond the point.

If you want to vote for the player that most deserves it, that's fine. I'm just saying it would be nice to see some passion from our fanbase.

I have plenty of passion for the Orioles. If F ROBBY (or anyone else for that matter) wants to vote for Konerko and they get snide comments from posters like you and J TREA because he's not an Oriole, you'll get the snide comments right back at you.

He's an Oriole. Konerko isn't.

If it's remotely close, I vote for the Oriole. I could not in good conscience vote Jones over a guy hitting .324/.393/.579 with 22 dingers and 64 RBI.

As to Jeter, that's an entirely different thing. People are voting to see a sure-fire Hall of Famer who is on the verge of a major milestone. It's just like voting for Cal towards the end of his career. Jones isn't in the same universe as Jeter. But of course, I didn't vote for Jeter, either.

If it's remotely close, I vote for the Oriole. I could not in good conscience vote Jones over a guy hitting .324/.393/.579 with 22 dingers and 64 RBI.

You could if you'd realize the All-Star game is a popularity contest and not necessarily about performance.

And if you are doing it for the principle of the matter, what makes you different from the Orioles who refuse to sign international amateur talent from the buscones because they don't believe in the system?

Is it worth betraying an Orioles player like the Orioles betray their organization to make a stand?

You could if you'd realize the All-Star game is a popularity contest and not necessarily about performance.

And if you are doing it for the principle of the matter, what makes you different from the Orioles who refuse to sign international amateur talent from the buscones because they don't believe in the system?

Is it worth betraying an Orioles player like the Orioles betray their organization to make a stand?

This is one ridiculous analogy. It's the All Star game! It doesn't matter! If someone wants to vote for Adam Jones because he's an Oriole, cool. If someone wants to vote for Paul Konerko because he's obviously having a better year, that's also cool. It's a meaningless exhibition game.

If I was going to vote for the best player, I would vote for Zobrist, not Konerko.

I did, however, vote for Jones.

There's nothing wrong for voting for the best player, though....unless they're a Yankee or Red Sox player.

Fair point, a good argument can be made for Zobrist as well.

Archived