Jake Layman

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A little bummed because he was the main local target the Terps were after. But Jefferson would be just as good. Also heard that McGary was at UNC today.

As I mentioned in a post last week I had heard that there might have been one scholly for either Layman or Grant. They are similar players so I would guess either Maryland pulled the scholly offer or Grant just decided to drop MD after Layman commitied.

As I mentioned in a post last week I had heard that there might have been one scholly for either Layman or Grant. They are similar players so I would guess either Maryland pulled the scholly offer or Grant just decided to drop MD after Layman commitied.

Grant was ready to commit to the Terps last weekend, but Layman beat him to it. Grant still could have committed, but he chose not to because he sees himself more as a 3/face up 4 and that would have conflicted with Layman. The good part about this is that no one feels slighted like some local guys have in the past. Turge recruited him hard, but things just didn't work the way Grant would have liked. No hard feelings and the Terps just move on to other targets.

Archived