John Heyman : Hearing John Hart as a possibility for GM

jamesenoch

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And i see a common theme with you. Attack someone personally you don't agree with. I'm a troll, because i don't share your opinion? And you contradict yourself. AM is definitely not the right GM, but isn't a part of the problem? I NEVER said AM brought the Orioles down to where they are at now. But, he certainly wasn't the savior most made him out to be. If you can't see that, look in the mirror before you call another fan clueless.

Get real. I've read the same trumpeted rhetoric from him about AM being the problem again and again. But to say he's the problem, as in the reason this organization is sinking, is just ridiculous.

And I said this:

AM is definitely not the right GM, but to act is if he's destroyed something beautiful reeks of the clueless fan syndrome

How is that contradicting myself? In the words of Inigo Montoya, "This word. I do not think it means what you think it means." I'm saying he's not the anchor, which some people are implying.

So, how exactly is this a theme of attacking?

Why would Hart even want the job? He'd have to be crazy. I can see why Levine would want the GM post - it would be a step up, and a chance to put his stamp on a team - the one he obsessively rooted for. But Hart? He's in a pretty sweet spot right now! I wouldn't mind if Hart came here, especially if he brought Levine as some have suggested. But that seems pretty farfetched and visionary for a guy like Peter "Valkenheiser" Angelos.

Albert Pujols.

Joey Votto also comes to mind.

If not Fielder, then they need to acquire somebody just as valuable if not more.

Mark Reynolds at 1B should be more like Plan F or G.

So, you think it would be smart to give up a ton of players for a guy that apparently isn't interested in extending long term?

Your plan would be to just HOPE that he can be convinced to stay?

Oh and meanwhile, you have lost at least Britton and Machado as well.

If MacPhail is gone, I expect major changes/additions to this team this offseason. If that doesn't happen, it's on the FO that's in place.

After this offseason the Orioles should have a team that has a good shot at the playoffs on Opening Day 2012. And they should be in the playoffs in 2013.

14 years of losing needs to stop and the Orioles have to make a statement that they are serious about it ending and competing in 2012.

Albert Pujols.

Joey Votto also comes to mind.

If not Fielder, then they need to acquire somebody just as valuable if not more.

Mark Reynolds at 1B should be more like Plan F or G.

You've also gone on record as saying that if the new front office doesn't follow your plan you're out of here, right? That if they don't acquire what's necessary to add 20 or 25 wins, that's it, correct?

Well... see you in another life, brother. You're obviously setting us up for something - your minimum acceptable offseason would grade out as historically astonishing and nearly unprecedented.

If MacPhail is gone, I expect major changes/additions to this team this offseason. If that doesn't happen, it's on the FO that's in place.

After this offseason the Orioles should have a team that has a good shot at the playoffs on Opening Day 2012. And they should be in the playoffs in 2013.

14 years of losing needs to stop and the Orioles have to make a statement that they are serious about it ending and competing in 2012.

You want a good shot at the playoffs in 2012? Ok.... And your solution to get to that point is by signing Fielder, Pujols, or trading for Votto? Yeah, I would love to see one of these moves. WE NEED PITCHING!!!! Stop emphasizing the lineup. Yes, we need to make major changes to a team that is unable to get on base on a consistent basis. But our biggest move must be for a pitcher. No we are not going to get that in free agency. Lets not waste trade chips on Joey Votto because his WHIP is not below 1.10.

Also, anyone who simply blames a general manager or owner for a team's woes is not looking deep enough into a situation. I know they are at the top. I know they make the executive decisions. There's more than 1 problem for 14 years of losing.

Get real. I've read the same trumpeted rhetoric from him about AM being the problem again and again. But to say he's the problem, as in the reason this organization is sinking, is just ridiculous.

And I said this:

How is that contradicting myself? In the words of Inigo Montoya, "This word. I do not think it means what you think it means." I'm saying he's not the anchor, which some people are implying.

So, how exactly is this a theme of attacking?

To say AM isn't the right GM, but also not a problem is a contradiction. No matter how you want to spin it. That's like saying the oil in your engine is low, but it's not really a problem right now. Even though you know eventually it's going to blow. I never said AM IS the problem, I said he is PART of the problem. I'm saying, he's not the savior everyone thought he would be. I even bought into it at first, but AM's philosphy didn't work.

And to call people trolls and clueless, because they don't share your opinions, is a personal attack in my book. Spin that how you want.

Archived