John Heyman : Hearing John Hart as a possibility for GM

jamesenoch

If all this happens - how much fault does AM get if the team continues to struggle next year?

Obviously if MacPhail remains, he'll always be a roadblock. However if he leaves as expected, it will be up to the new FO to build the team to win. If they don't do that, it's on them.

I'm certainly excited to see what a MacPhail-less Orioles team can do this offseason...

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Obviously if MacPhail remains, he'll always be a roadblock. However if he leaves as expected, it will be up to the new FO to build the team to win. If they don't do that, it's on them.

I'm certainly excited to see what a MacPhail-less Orioles team can do this offseason...

You kinda dodged the question here. If AM leaves October 15th, how long does the new leaders have to turn the team around? If they (the AM-less FO including Buck) believe that Fielder is not in the plans - who is to blame?

Better yet - if Buck & Co. get outbid for Prince - do they incur the same wrath as AM has received for not signing Tex?

You kinda dodged the question here. If AM leaves October 15th. How long does the new leaders have to turn the team around? If they (the AM-less FO including Buck) believes that Fielder is not in the plans - who is to blame?

If MacPhail is gone, I expect major changes/additions to this team this offseason. If that doesn't happen, it's on the FO that's in place.

After this offseason the Orioles should have a team that has a good shot at the playoffs on Opening Day 2012. And they should be in the playoffs in 2013.

14 years of losing needs to stop and the Orioles have to make a statement that they are serious about it ending and competing in 2012.

If MacPhail is gone, I expect major changes/additions to this team this offseason. If that doesn't happen, it's on the FO that's in place.

After this offseason the Orioles should have a team that has a good shot at the playoffs on Opening Day 2012. And they should be in the playoffs in 2013.

14 years of losing needs to stop and the Orioles have to make a statement that they are serious about it ending and competing in 2012.

So - it's fair to quote you, sticky, and remind you later that you are saying here and now that you will not blame AM for any failures this team has in 2012 and beyond if he is gone at the end of this season? BUT - if he is bumped up into an executive role, he is still fair game even with Buck and his appointed GM at the wheel?

So... PA continues to get a pass because you won't blame him now?

Hello Trea. Answers please.

PA's hire of a GM will form my opinion of where he wants to go and how serious he is about winning. If the hire is poor, well that says enough of who is to blame. I don't expect it to be.

It is up to that hired GM then to make the moves that need to be made to get the Orioles to where they should be starting in 2012.

I expect the person that is hired along with Buck to have full autonomy otherwise they wouldn't take the job.

PA's hire of a GM will form my opinion of where he wants to go and how serious he is about winning. If the hire is poor, well that says enough of who is to blame. I don't expect it to be.

It is up to that hired GM then to make the moves that need to be made to get the Orioles to where they should be starting in 2012.

I expect the person that is hired along with Buck to have full autonomy otherwise they wouldn't take the job.

Can you handle it if this new GM 'team' decides to pass on or gets outbid for Fielder?

Please pass the pipe, that stuff must be epic. Just how exactly do you propose the O's getting anywhere near enough pitching to compete next year? Honestly two CCs is what it would take plus a couple everyday players. The only change the O's have is a major step forward from the pitchers that let us down so bad this year. If we signed a Number 1 and a number 2 and Fielder we would not be a preseason contender unless the young pitching rebounded a bunch. So your on record thinking that we are going to add 50 million plus in payroll and AM is the person that has stopped us from already doing it?

Albert Pujols.

Joey Votto also comes to mind.

If not Fielder, then they need to acquire somebody just as valuable if not more.

Mark Reynolds at 1B should be more like Plan F or G.

The Orioles have a better shot at signingPujols, then they do trading for Votto. I put the chance of signing Pujols at less then 10%. Unless you want to give up Wieters, Britton, and Machado to get Votto.

I'd say the O's have a 50/50 shot at Fielder, and thats only because with Fielders age, I think he will be looking for the big pay check, rather than winning so much at this point. Though, i highly doubt the O's will pony up that much money on one player.

Mark Reynolds should be DH in 2012, with a spot start here and there at 3b/1b. Kelly Johnson should be a target, incase Roberts is done. If Roberts can play, Johnson has played LF before. David Wright should be a target, and it may not take alot to get him.

That said, we will probably wind up with Lyle Overbay at 1b and Casey Blake at 3b. May take a shot at a project like Scott Kazmir to compete for a rotation spot. Seems about on par with the Orioles.

Archived