John Heyman : Hearing John Hart as a possibility for GM

jamesenoch

In a word, that has to be the most absurd thing I've ever heard an O's fan say in the years of being a fan. I really doubt you ever watched the O's beyond the last few years, or you wouldn't think such crazy thoughts. "Anchor," sheesh that's like saying the titanic only sunk because the iceberg wouldn't move out of the way--not the people steering the boat."

Angelos is the anchor dragging the U.S.S Orioles down, and McPhail is steering that ship. Either way, they both are problems. So, JTrea is right to a degree. Unfortunately, Angelos isn't going anywhere. We can only hope, he gets a new captain to right this sinking ship.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Angelos is the anchor dragging the U.S.S Orioles down, and McPhail is steering that ship. Either way, they both are problems. So, JTrea is right to a degree. Unfortunately, Angelos isn't going anywhere. We can only hope, he gets a new captain to right this sinking ship.

No, he is not. He's pretty far from it--and reality. To argue that AMac is part of the problem that brought down the O's is just ridiculous--it's trolling bad. And you contradict yourself--like Trea. If Angelos is the anchor, then no GM can right it--sinking ships still sink, regardless of who's steering it.

AM is definitely not the right GM, but to act is if he's destroyed something beautiful reeks of the clueless fan syndrome.

No, he is not. He's pretty far from it--and reality. To argue that AMac is part of the problem that brought down the O's is just ridiculous--it's trolling bad. And you contradict yourself--like Trea. If Angelos is the anchor, then no GM can right it--sinking ships still sink, regardless of who's steering it.

AM is definitely not the right GM, but to act is if he's destroyed something beautiful reeks of the clueless fan syndrome.

And i see a common theme with you. Attack someone personally you don't agree with. I'm a troll, because i don't share your opinion? And you contradict yourself. AM is definitely not the right GM, but isn't a part of the problem? I NEVER said AM brought the Orioles down to where they are at now. But, he certainly wasn't the savior most made him out to be. If you can't see that, look in the mirror before you call another fan clueless.

I'm not sure I want Buck to have a say in the new GM. That's the kind of backwards operations, that have the Orioles in this shape. I'm not so sure, Buck's job as manager should be safe. A new GM should be hired, and he should have the authority to evaluate the organization from top to bottom. And decide who needs to go, and who should stay. And that should include Buck being evaluated, on the job he has done so far. If Buck wants a say, he should become GM, if not then he should focus on his job and let the new GM do his job. We already have a meddling owner, the last thing we need is a meddling manager, whispering in PA's ear.

I'm not sure I want Buck to have a say in the new GM. That's the kind of backwards operations, that have the Orioles in this shape. I'm not so sure, Buck's job as manager should be safe. A new GM should be hired, and he should have the authority to evaluate the organization from top to bottom. And decide who needs to go, and who should stay. And that should include Buck being evaluated, on the job he has done so far. If Buck wants a say, he should become GM, if not then he should focus on his job and let the new GM do his job. We already have a meddling owner, the last thing we need is a meddling manager, whispering in PA's ear.

You would prefer PA? He has certainly demonstrated his astute baseball acumen in the past. I think it's silly not to realize what has been going on here. There has been a sea change in direction. It occured after Buck arrived, and the emphasis has been more on improving the ML club. Buck has had regular meetings with PA, a first for O's managers. AM is either leaving or moving upstairs. You can be sure Buck will have a biig say in who the GM is, and what he does when he gets here.

You would prefer PA? He has certainly demonstrated his astute baseball acumen in the past. I think it's silly not to realize what has been going on here. There has been a sea change in direction. It occured after Buck arrived, and the emphasis has been more on improving the ML club. Buck has had regular meetings with PA, a first for O's managers. AM is either leaving or moving upstairs. You can be sure Buck will have a biig say in who the GM is, and what he does when he gets here.

PA has picked GM's with "astute baseball acumen" in the past. That's not necessarily the issue. The problem is he can't remove himself from messing things up.

Would anybody be interested in this job if the manager is having weekly lunch meetings with the owner?

PA has picked GM's with "astute baseball acumen" in the past. That's not necessarily the issue. The problem is he can't remove himself from messing things up.

Would anybody be interested in this job if the manager is having weekly lunch meetings with the owner?

Oh really? As soon as he found out they were good he fired them. Or maybe you were referring to Sid Thrift.

Oh really? As soon as he found out they were good he fired them. Or maybe you were referring to Sid Thrift.

And again... if you are a young 30ish GM prospect - do you really want a job with the Orioles knowing that the manager (whom your suppose to be in charge of) is having lunch dates with the wacko owner?

Find one that doesn't. All the reports from Heyman, Rosenthal and other talking heads say Buck will have big pull when choosing the GM and making other offseason moves.

If all this happens - how much fault does AM get if the team continues to struggle next year?

Archived