Jonathan Schoop #3 Prospect

Tony-OH

Without viewing the spreadsheet, one assumes the cost of bread will actually net a person bread, right? As Mauer will more than likely retire years before his contract ends due to injury. He certainly won't be catching, so why compare him to Wieters? 23 million will still be expensive, and it certainly will look expensive if you've got nothing to show for it. With that said, I don't believe Wieters will make hyperinflated bread money either...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think this is a big deal - I over-emphasized your take on sub-AA stats a bit, it seems. That said, nothing in your prior posts jibes with some post-hoc (post-AA) analysis. And I still don't see why you'd get excited by a non-consensus upside scouting report but not by solid-consensus scouting reports and pre-AA statistics. Or why you can't get excited by "pre-AA" performance but can get excited with no performance at all.

With no performance there are no bounds. Bundy could go to the Sally League next year and strike out 300 guys in 100 innings. Machado has already given us some evidence that he's not Honus Wagner's older brother.

With no performance there are no bounds. Bundy could go to the Sally League next year and strike out 300 guys in 100 innings. Machado has already given us some evidence that he's not Honus Wagner's older brother.

Right. The above is an extreme example of what crops up in any prospect analysis/valuation. It gets at the heart of what's going on with them, and some of their limits.

I don't think this is a big deal - I over-emphasized your take on sub-AA stats a bit, it seems. That said, nothing in your prior posts jibes with some post-hoc (post-AA) analysis. And I still don't see why you'd get excited by a non-consensus upside scouting report but not by solid-consensus scouting reports and pre-AA statistics. Or why you can't get excited by "pre-AA" performance but can get excited with no performance at all.

Not sure what to say. All three points you referenced seem remarkably consistent to me. You're criticising me for my level of excitement? I guess Roy has me a little excited with the Bundy propaganda? Does that count?

Not sure what to say. All three points you referenced seem remarkably consistent to me. You're criticising me for my level of excitement? I guess Roy has me a little excited with the Bundy propaganda? Does that count?

It's all good. In the absence of news, I was mostly rooting around in the analysis because I find the valuation process interesting. The differences aren't particularly large - I was curious about the excitement over Roy's post and you explained yourself. Thanks.

It's all good. In the absence of news, I was mostly rooting around in the analysis because I find the valuation process interesting. The differences aren't particularly large - I was curious about the excitement over Roy's post and you explained yourself. Thanks.

Wheeew !! I thought I was gonna get a rectal exam there for awhile.

By the way, I spoke to Roy back on the last day of the season and he gave me an earful about what he'd been hearing about Bundy. It is not surprising Roy is so high on him based on what he heard. One thing that doesn't factor into the debate over who is the better prospect, but which may have ramifications beyond these two players, is Bundy's work ethic. He's just a tremendously dedicated athlete and hopefully that will spill over to others.

By the way, I spoke to Roy back on the last day of the season and he gave me an earful about what he'd been hearing about Bundy. It is not surprising Roy is so high on him based on what he heard. One thing that doesn't factor into the debate over who is the better prospect, but which may have ramifications beyond these two players, is Bundy's work ethic. He's just a tremendously dedicated athlete and hopefully that will spill over to others.

Knowing this organization he'll probably be asked to dial it back some. He might make the staff look bad.

Archived