Edwin Jackson: Interested?

SilentJames

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't like that you've changed your avatar. You're ruining your brand!

But I agree about Jackson. Still don't think it makes a lot of sense for our organization, unless Guthrie is dealt immediately after the signing.

Why does Guthrie have to be dealt? If anything Jackson and Guthrie give us a more solid rotation.

Because Angelos will not pay the man what he wants so might as well get something for him while we can.

How about more wins?

Deal him if/when you know you'll be out of the playoffs and teams will be looking for arms in July.

Until then he can help.

How about more wins?

Deal him if/when you know you'll be out of the playoffs and teams will be looking for arms in July.

Until then he can help.

In that case we should deal him now. I'm as optimistic as anyone here, but even I don't think we have a Chinaman's chance to sniff the playoffs. What are you smoking?

vs. Yankees: 16 games (12 starts), 2-6, 5.35

vs. Red Sox: 13 games (10 starts), 2-4, 5.49

vs. Blue Jays: 14 games (13 starts), 3-3, 4.34

vs. Rays: 4 games (4 starts), 3-1, 2.25

vs. Orioles: 9 games (7 starts), 5-1, 3.61

Sadly those numbers against Boston and NY would still be better than anything we got.

Sadly those numbers against Boston and NY would still be better than anything we got.

Gutherie's stats last year:

vs. BOS 2.82 2-1

vs. NYY 1.13 1-0

vs. TOR 3.52 1-1

Not even close.

Gutherie is much better than Jackson IMO, but sadly he is 32 and we won't be a winner while he is here. Jackson is 28 and still has a little, albeit VERY little, upside left.

Everyone loves a hard thrower, even ones with a lifetime whip of 1.48. I would make an educated guess and say an ERA of 5+ in the AL east with that many baserunners is probable. His strikeouts would have to climb 10% to avoid it.

PASS. We have these pitchers already. He will hurt us this year and in the future from an economic standpoint.

Resign Gutherie for a another year if he would, which I doubt.

Archived