I miss MacPhail

theobird

I don't miss MacPhail - at all. I agree that the Guthrie trade was, on its face, just horrible. But I've like almost everything else DD has done.

In fact, if you wipe out the last 10 years of horror, this team actually looks like something you can build from.

We have a young pitching staff with some MLB experience. We have international players in potentially key positions - and young international players. We have youth across the board, actually. We have tons of potential.

This is what I would have HOPED we would've had in 2000 or so - it's what the team should have looked like then.

I think part of the reason it's hard to appreciate the youth, potential and international signings is: we've sucked for SOOOO long. But that wasn't DD's fault. I'm willing to give the guy at least one full season, and one additional offseason, to start judging the direction of the team under his leadership.

Meanwhile, AM had five years and never go tthe team out of last place. I would be willing to bet anyone - were I a betting man - that DD will do better than that, AND he'll build a better farm system and player development program. So no, I don't miss MacPhail.

Amidst the airwaves filled with noise.......some music. A rep to you sir.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really liked some of the decisions AM made, but in the end I thought he neglected to make a lot of moves and changes that needed to be made. He wasn't active enough on numerous fronts. As far as DD is concerned...me, personally, I'm just watching and waiting to see what he is going to do. I don't have enough to go on to get a good read on him yet.

Archived