#Orioles and #Braves are making progress on an Adam Jones deal. Hearing Jurrjens is involved

Greg

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hanson is interesting. I would be nervous to trade for him with the shoulder issues but if he bounces back he is a bonafide stud TOR pitcher and exactly what this team needs. So im assuming it would be One for One or would there be more prospects involved? So what does everyone prefer?

Hanson for Jones straight up

or

J.J., Prado + 2 prospects for Jones?

:no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no:

Big no to a straight up 1 for 1 deal for Jones, unless the player we are getting is being spun elsewhere for more than what we could get for Jones.

Yes totally agree. No way Jones straight up. Especially for a Braves

pitcher with health questions. That'd be crazy dumb.

When I asked whether he needs to find a leadoff hitter in case Brian Roberts can't play, Duquette said, "I think we have options to play second base. I'm not sure they're currently on our roster. I'm not sure a .380 on base percentage is in our lineup with players who can play second base.

Prado???

http://www.masnsports.com/school_of_roch/2012/01/orioles-acquire-jai-miller-trade-brandon-snyder-in-separate-deals.html

Yes totally agree. No way Jones straight up. Especially for a Braves

pitcher with health questions. That'd be crazy dumb.

Yeah I agree as well. The braves are a smart franchise when it comes to trading players at the right time. If the braves are willing to trade Hanson then he is probably damaged goods. Honestly J.J. worries me a little to in the same regard but hopefully we get him and flip him to Detroit for more prospects anyway. With Hanson having the injury does anyone think we could possibly get more in return then just Hanson? Is Hanson and Salcedo or Minor to much to ask for say Jones and Andino?

Hanson for Jones straight up

No offense but just providing information from a non Orioles fan, but the Braves would laugh at this deal.

You have Hanson, who is one of the best strikeout pitchers in baseball, under team control for 4 more years.

And you have Jones, who is an above average player that can't take walks, under team control for only 2 more years

I have my doubts the Braves would trade Hanson for anything and don't really believe what Conelly said, but if they did, the Orioles would be adding prospects, and not just some mid level guys. Bundy or Machado would be included.

With that being said, can't see the Orioles giving up either, which is why I'm 99% sure Tommy Hanson will not be an Oriole.

As for Jurrjens. Any deal for him would likely be straight up. The Orioles MIGHT be able to get a prospect from the 8-15 type range from the Braves, but it definitely wouldn't be one of the Braves top prospects.

Just don't want anyone around here to get their hopes up too high.

No offense but just providing information from a non Orioles fan, but the Braves would laugh at this deal.

You have Hanson, who is one of the best strikeout pitchers in baseball, under team control for 4 more years.

And you have Jones, who is an above average player that can't take walks, under team control for only 2 more years

I have my doubts the Braves would trade Hanson for anything and don't really believe what Conelly said, but if they did, the Orioles would be adding prospects, and not just some mid level guys. Bundy or Machado would be included.

With that being said, can't see the Orioles giving up either, which is why I'm 99% sure Tommy Hanson will not be an Oriole.

As for Jurrjens. Any deal for him would likely be straight up. The Orioles MIGHT be able to get a prospect from the 8-15 type range from the Braves, but it definitely wouldn't be one of the Braves top prospects.

Just don't want anyone around here to get their hopes up too high.

Thanks. This seems reasonable.

And not remotely appealing.

Unless there were some very big health concerns, I would definitely do Hanson for Jones straight up. We'd be crazy not to. Hanson is younger, cheaper, under control longer and more productive. Like Swamp said, however, I seriously doubt the Braves would even consider this deal unless Hanson's arm was about to fall off.

Here are the quotes from a Braves website just to show the exact opposite thinking (and delusional) that they have...

*Sheesh, I'd rather have Coco Crisp.*

*I'll take Adam Jones and prospects for JJ.....my two cents.*

*Dream on, Duquette. Tommy Hanson for Adam Jones? I don't think they have anyone in their organization I'd trade Hanson for straight up. Not even Manny Machado*

*I'm pretty sure if that's what they were asking for, Wren will never call Duquette again.*

Sorry guys, not sure how to quote on here, if it's possible.

I know it doesn't to any of you, but I just wanted to come in and be realistic so not all of you will be terribly disappointed if the Braves and Orioles do indeed make a deal.

No worries - that wasn't a knock. It's just that you all value all of your assets greatly. And that's fantastic. But it makes zero sense for the O's to squander one of their few resources on a team that's not going to address our weakness - i.e., young pitching. In the end, your post is precisely why few trades actually get done, even when teams appear to match up.

With Hanson, the only knock is Scrat's point (and yours). We're only getting him if he's damaged. And if he's damaged he doesn't do us any good.

With JJ, there's just not that much appeal. He's been good, but he'll have to continue to out-pitch his peripherals and stay healthy. Capped w/ limited time under contract and it's just not worth it.

Here are the quotes from a Braves website just to show the exact opposite thinking (and delusional) that they have...

*Sheesh, I'd rather have Coco Crisp.*

*I'll take Adam Jones and prospects for JJ.....my two cents.*

*Dream on, Duquette. Tommy Hanson for Adam Jones? I don't think they have anyone in their organization I'd trade Hanson for straight up. Not even Manny Machado*

*I'm pretty sure if that's what they were asking for, Wren will never call Duquette again.*

Sorry guys, not sure how to quote on here, if it's possible.

Scrat,

No real health concerns. He feels confident he could walk into Spring Training soon and be ready to go. He's already started throwing.

Exactly my point! ;)

As for Hanson's health concerns, that seems reasonable to a team already in possession of him as an asset. For an acquiring team, however, his shoulder, and his mechanics/effort, are huge red flags.

Yeah, Jurrjens is not nearly as valuable as the Braves seem to think. Then again, Adam Jones is not as valuable as most here seem to think. But I DO think the Orioles could get more value than Jurrjens from some other team interested in Jones.

Archived