#Orioles and #Braves are making progress on an Adam Jones deal. Hearing Jurrjens is involved

Greg

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jair Jurrjens started for Atlanta and was roughed up for three runs, five hits and six walks in 2 1-3 innings. His spring training ERA rose to 10.38.

Julio Teheran's spring debut was hardly a breeze. Hoping to earn a spot in Atlanta's rotation, Teheran was tagged for six home runs in just two innings and the Detroit Tigers connected nine times overall Sunday in romping past the Braves 18- 3

Jair Jurrjens started for Atlanta and was roughed up for three runs, five hits and six walks in 2 1-3 innings. His spring training ERA rose to 10.38.

Julio Teheran's spring debut was hardly a breeze. Hoping to earn a spot in Atlanta's rotation, Teheran was tagged for six home runs in just two innings and the Detroit Tigers connected nine times overall Sunday in romping past the Braves 18- 3

Wow, I'd be surprised if that wasn't a record for most home runs given up by a pitcher in a short ST outing. Must have a "tough mentality" if they weren't worried about his young ego....

• 1 month later...

Jurrjens looks terrible. I watched the Mets vs. Braves game earlier this afternoon and he was around 89mph on his fastball. His other pitches weren’t fooling the Mets who were piling up the base hits. It’s amazing how his velocity has just disappeared. There is a reason the Braves wanted to ship him asap for a player with upside like Jones.

Great non-move by Duquette to hold on to Jones.

I was against this deal at the time and would still be against it now. It looks like Jurrjens' poor peripherals are coming back to bite him this year, and Prado is just not that good.

Sometimes the best passes that a quarterback makes are the ones that he doesn't throw.

Sometimes the best trades that a GM makes are the ones that he doesn't deal. ;)

They were talking about Jones today on 105.7 FM. They have spoken to him and reported that if he doesnt receive a new contract during this season he will not sign in the off season. I think the Orioles will look to deal him before the deadline. If they were having contract discussions we would be hearing about them. Jones is taking the right approach to make a organization loathed by its fans even worse.

I think they should try and get a deal similar to McCutchen worked out. He's worth retaining.

The FA class next year looks much better for pitchers, than hitters, and I think the Orioles are closer to competing than we realize. Keeping Jones would send a message to the fans that the O's are serious about contending.

They were talking about Jones today on 105.7 FM. They have spoken to him and reported that if he doesnt receive a new contract during this season he will not sign in the off season.

That goes a bit against what was reported the other day, when he said he would opt for FA if he didn't have a contract by next April. That was pretty much a direct quote, so I think whoever you heard today might have been a bit mixed up.

Or, Jones changed his mind. :)

Archived