Update on Jones to the Braves for Jurrjens, Prado, Plus

Roll Tide

Jones is "talented but unproductive?"

If Atlanta considers his current level of production "unproductive" and still want him enough to put together a three team deal and a nice package, they must feel he has the potential to be a lot better than he is.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They have been after Prado all offseason but the two teams haven't figured out which prospect would come back along with Seth Smith.

Reports are talks are pretty much dead, though.

Thanks....How do you think Colorado could impact the deal. I'd assume Colorado would ship a prospect or to that the Orioles want and The O's would send something to go along with Prado.

If this goes down the Bedard trade has netted us what? 12 players?

Bedard begat Jones, Tillman, Sherrill, Butler, Mickolio.

Sherrill begat Steve Johnson and Josh Bell.

Mickolio (and David Hernandez) begat Mark Reynolds and John Hester. You could probably say that Mickolio's part of the deal was just Hester.

So right now Bedard and the little bits of Sherrill and Mickolio returned eight players.

While outfielder Seth Smith remains a coveted commodity, the Atlanta Braves​' interest has cooled, according to a major league source with the direct knowledge of the talks.

The Braves are unwilling to move infielder Martin Prado​, the Rockies' desired target, without an accompanying move to add infield depth.

-Troy Renck, Rockies beat writer

Lol, unproductive...

I was actually looking for an answer, but I was off there.

Bedard= Sherrill, Jones, Tillman, Butler, Mickolio.

Sherrill+ Bell and Steve Johnson

Mickolio (+Hernandez) = Mark Reynolds ( so I guess he got us 1/3 of Reynolds).

Jones= 3 players.

Am I forgetting anyone?

Really 10 players and part of Reynolds. Still..nice.

Bedard begat Jones, Tillman, Sherrill, Butler, Mickolio.

Sherrill begat Steve Johnson and Josh Bell.

Mickolio (and David Hernandez) begat Mark Reynolds and John Hester. You could probably say that Mickolio's part of the deal was just Hester.

So right now Bedard and the little bits of Sherrill and Mickolio returned eight players.

Thanks, even when I look it up and answer you are more right than me!

Thanks....How do you think Colorado could impact the deal. I'd assume Colorado would ship a prospect or to that the Orioles want and The O's would send something to go along with Prado.

Yeah, I don't see it working out but if it did, I think it would be something along the lines of:

Braves get - Seth Smith from Rockies, Jones and Andino from Orioles since they won't trade Prado without getting infield depth

Rockies get - Prado, maybe something from the Orioles depending on what prospect they sent the Orioles way

Orioles get - Jurrjens, Braves Prospect, Rockies prospect/player

edit to add: The thing is, Seth Smith doesn't do the Braves a whole lot of good for the Braves if they get Adam Jones, so I'm not sure what else the Braves would get from the Rockies. He'd be a nice bench bat, but the Braves have some solid bench bats already.

I agree. As a fan, I hate to see my friend, Adam Jones go. He and I have bonded well over the last few years.

But in the end I think we have to do whats best for the team, and at this point, I'd rather have Jurrjens than Prado. We need pitching, and Jurrjens was an AS pitcher.

Jurrjens and a pitching prospect would due good for me. Although I'd like JJ, Prado, and Delgado.

The O's need to obtain a CF in any deal for Jones. A deal of Bourne, Parado plus two of Delgado, Minor, Beachy, Vizciano for AJ, Andino, Tillman/Bergenson might be worth a discussion.

I would also consider involving the Halo's and discussing what it would take to acquire Peter Borjous or Mike Trout.

Should a deal with the Braves go down and we acquire two pitchers we would certainly have a surplus and someone like Gutherie or Arietta would be expendable.

I agree. As a fan, I hate to see my friend, Adam Jones go. He and I have bonded well over the last few years.

But in the end I think we have to do whats best for the team, and at this point, I'd rather have Jurrjens than Prado. We need pitching, and Jurrjens was an AS pitcher.

Jurrjens and a pitching prospect would due good for me. Although I'd like JJ, Prado, and Delgado.

Not trying to pry, but do you really feel like something is going down with him soon?

Yeah, I don't see it working out but if it did, I think it would be something along the lines of:

Braves get - Seth Smith from Rockies, Jones and Andino from Orioles since they won't trade Prado without getting infield depth

Rockies get - Prado, maybe something from the Orioles depending on what prospect they sent the Orioles way

Orioles get - Jurrjens, Braves Prospect, Rockies prospect/player

edit to add: The thing is, Seth Smith doesn't do the Braves a whole lot of good for the Braves if they get Adam Jones, so I'm not sure what else the Braves would get from the Rockies. He'd be a nice bench bat, but the Braves have some solid bench bats already.

We need to get more than that back if we're sending two MLB starters. One who has been to the AS game

Archived