Britt: Reynolds at 3b

Sports Guy

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd like to know why keeping a player on the position he has played his entire big-league career, and at a much higher level than he showed last season, is so terrible.

I don't think it's a terrible idea, but to me it does indicate that another move for a 1b type is pending. I can't imagine them going into March without giving Davis competition at 1b. Unless that's Bell, which is a bad idea, that guy isn't in the organization, unless I'm totally forgetting somebody.

If all Reynolds has to do is be better than he was last year defensively at 3B then I think he can do that. However he has been below average at 3B defensively every year in the majors. Its not likely that he becomes even an average defensive 3B after spending 5 years there as a below average defensive 3B.

No harm in letting him try to play a decent 3B in spring training. I hope the O's are ready to move him to 1B or DH if he does not improve into be at least an average average defensive 3B.

I thought the O's were going for being a team based on pitching and defense. Reynolds will have to improve greatly for him to hold up his end of the goal.

Of all the reasons the Orioles will win 67 games in 2012, Reynolds staying at third base is the primary culprit? This is the move that catalyzed your statement?

If we win only 67 games, It will be the Starting Pitching again. And I bet that does not happen.

Archived