Britt: Reynolds at 3b

Sports Guy

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yea but a year earlier in 295 Ab he had 17 HR .880 ops and a 127 ops+. I think he deserves a shot what do you think?

In the three years since, over 765 PAs he put up 27 homers, but 50 walks, 253 strikeouts and a .695 OPS.

He's probably going to get his shot, either at first base or at DH, but if he is pushed out by other players and starts as the backup at 1B/3B/DH, I'm not going to be upset.

Honestly I agree with RZNJ. I think he had a job in '09 and lost it and hasn't done enough to reclaim one. I hope I am wrong but I think he is a AAAA guy.

Wow AAAA? He's doesn't turn 26 until March. Tough league. Well let's both hope you're wrong and he puts up big numbers this year. Let's hope he stays healthy.

Wow AAAA? He's doesn't turn 26 until March. Tough league. Well let's both hope you're wrong and he puts up big numbers this year. Let's hope he stays healthy.

I like Davis a lot less than Reimold. He could help himself with a better approach, but I agree that we should be giving these guys AB's instead of caving in to the Pena's and Damon's of the world. From that point I don't understand the attitude that he hasn't earned anything. Play him.

In the three years since, over 765 PAs he put up 27 homers, but 50 walks, 253 strikeouts and a .695 OPS.

He's probably going to get his shot, either at first base or at DH, but if he is pushed out by other players and starts as the backup at 1B/3B/DH, I'm not going to be upset.

Three years certainly but just over 200 games. He had a great rookie season at age 22. He had a bit of a sophmore slump at age 23 but still hit 21 Hr. His last two years he was up and down and last year was bothered by an injury. He's still a very young player. I'm very hopefull.

This is the way it should be.

Now, as Tony said, Antonelli could enter the mix here and if the Atlanta trade goes down and we end up with Prado, he could factor in as well.

But for right now, Reynolds should be at third. He may be below average defensively but if he can get away from the mental issues over there and just go back to being slightly below average, like he was the year before he came here, that will be good enough.

Sad - just sad. If this is true - and I have no idea if it is or not - then this team is officially lost. Paying Reynolds THAT much money, sticking him at third. We apparently care nothing about defense. Pitching and defense? Wow. We currently have ONE proven ML pitcher on our starting rotation, and we're penciling Hacksaw in at third base - a guy at the hot corner who has been sub-par his whole career!

We'd rather have a hack at third, and a helicopter swing, rather than sound defense and someone who can hit for average. That's just not the kind of team I want to watch. When is Nationals spring training starting again?

I'm okay with Reynolds, but not at third - no way. I don't care how his offense "projects" etc. Defense first, please.

This is the way it should be.

Now, as Tony said, Antonelli could enter the mix here and if the Atlanta trade goes down and we end up with Prado, he could factor in as well.

But for right now, Reynolds should be at third. He may be below average defensively but if he can get away from the mental issues over there and just go back to being slightly below average, like he was the year before he came here, that will be good enough.

And that's how far this team has sunk. "Slightly below average is good enough" when it comes to defense at the hot corner.

I'd like to know why keeping a player on the position he has played his entire big-league career, and at a much higher level than he showed last season, is so terrible.

Because if you believe that pitching and defense equals sound, winning baseball, you cannot justify sticking a guy at third who has proven himself to be a subpar defender there... or at least an inconsistent one. I'd rather give up some stick for some D at third, personally - especially with a young pitching staff.

What an awful idea. If that happens forget about .500.

So, three hours ago you thought the O's were a 81-win team, and now they're a 79-80 win club?

Well look at that. Somebody was moved off of 1B...

So is Fielder's ticker tape parade down Pratt Street tomorrow or Saturday? It'll be fun laughing at the chumps who used the Occam's Razor approach and assumed this was all about taking their two existing corner infielders and arranging them appropriately. Obviously this means they're about to sign a guy who doesn't want to be here to a contract twice as large as any other in team history.

2012 season = 67 wins.

Did you just pick a random thread to throw that in, or are you just real bitter that Reynolds' defense has lowered your expectation from 68?

Removing Matusz, Pie and Bell from the equation improves us by 4 wins. And we've added Chavez, Miller, Wada and Chen, so that's another 5 wins there at least.

Also no team in the AL East had more sub-replacement performance than the Orioles.

I love the new math. Take a moribund, hopeless franchise, waive your hands around, add a couple of 1- to 2-win pitchers, a guy who struck out 40% of the time in the PCL, a utility outfielder, and suddenly you're a Prince away from serious contention!

You know I knew Davis had monster numbers in the minors but didn't realize that he had such productive seasons for the Rangers. It makes you wonder what kind of numbers he could put up if he got 550 at bats.

Probably quite similar to the .238/.289/.406 line he's logged over his last three seasons and 765 major league plate appearances.[TABLE=class: sortable stats_table]

<tbody>[TR]

[TD=align: right][/TD]

[/TR]

</tbody>[/TABLE]

I hope he's much better than I think he is. But there just aren't too many folks with nearly 5:1 K:BB ratios through 1000 major league plate appearances who end up with good careers. Dante Bichette, Alfonso Soriano, Juan Samuel, Sammy Sosa, Tony Armas, a few middle infielders like Shawon Dunston and Gary Templeton. That really is pretty much it.

Archived