Offer to Angels on the table

bigbird

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't see the Angelos trading for Tejada while MCab is still out there.

Considering we want MCab to be an Angel so we can deal with the Dodgers about Bedard and perhaps Tejada, I agree, seems kind of strange... but then perhaps they know things we don't that prompts this action to happen..

http://rotoworld.com/content/home_mlb.aspx

The Miguel Cabrera trade talks between the Marlins and Angels have hit a roadblock, ESPN's Jayson Stark reports, and won't be picked back up until the winter meetings.

The Angels reportedly won't initiate any further conversations, though they're still hoping the Marlins come around. A Cabrera deal is set to include both Howie Kendrick and Jeff Mathis, but the two teams haven't been able to decide on what pitcher or pitchers the Marlins will receive. Nick Adenhart, Joe Saunders and Ervin Santana are being discussed. It sounds like the Marlins want two pitchers from that group, though that may be unrealistic. The Angels would likely prefer they settle for Saunders or Santana, maybe with Reggie Willits added as a sweetener.

This would be an excellent trade for us.

I think the Dodgers will blow us away for Bedard....I just hope blowing away isn't the Kemp/Loney/Kershaw deal...That is too much to expect.

This line is confusing. Isn't that a great trade? Don't you mean to say "I hope blowing us away IS..."? or am I totally in the dark?

This line is confusing. Isn't that a great trade? Don't you mean to say "I hope blowing us away IS..."? or am I totally in the dark?

I was confused when I first read it too, but I think he is saying he hopes McPhail's version of being blown away is that trade, b/c if it is, it won't happen and we won't trade Bedard. I think SG would take that in half a heartbeat, he just wouldn't hold out for that much.

I think he's saying that we shouldn't set our goals so high. If that is the only offer considered "blowing us away", then no deal will ever be made.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I may be misunderstanding, but if you are suggesting that you would recall Rogers for the playoffs, then I must respectfully and strongly disagree. Baker is odd man out here, or maybe Smith, but I would definitely keep Bowman
    • A litmus test is if you'd prefer Trevor Rogers back for last guy. Tell me if it sounds crazy, but a pitcher you can sign to a minor league deal in mid-August might not be competitive with the world's greatest hitters in late September. It is fun to curate a trick pitch that works for a minute.
    • Just read two interesting tidbits - Juan Soto has battered him something like 18/35 which seemed like a lot but I guess PHI and WSN saw each other a bunch in the NL East. Also that he passed 1000 career innings.   It caught me a little by surprise he has been around that long.    Fingers crossed Bradish and Grayson in their careers can get there.    Eflin is 3rd among pitchers at age 30 and down this season. Hopping to Active Leaders to see how few pitchers attain that in this Driveline/Arm Barn era, tonight he became the 57th active pitcher to get there.     He gives us the ~162 IP we hope for in 2025, it'd go up about 20 spots.
    • Westburg, Urias, Mountcastle… Good defense, even when there’s bad defense. Westburg missed a ball that went for a hit, but I didn’t feel any foreboding, no,”here we go again” because I felt sure that that one play wouldn’t ruin the game. And it didn’t. Good pitching, even when there’s bad pitching. Eflin had never in his whole career walked 5 guys, but I wasn’t worried, for some reason. Even when Bowman had his worst outing as an oriole, I wasn’t worried, no,”here we go again” because I felt sure we’d win. And we did. Good hitting, good base running, even when Santander REALLY wanted that triple… and didn’t get it.  The fundamental baseball smarts seem to have returned, so a mistake is just a mistake. I feel really good about this team now, even though they haven’t been perfect. I really feel they’ll cover for each other, and we will enter the playoffs strong. I feel most comfortable about facing the Yankees again; they just don’t seem like a strong team, and I’m not the least bit worried about facing them again.
    • That is strong language coming from you.  The only recent guy I really couldn’t stand was Jimenez, though I sure wasn’t keen on Kimbrel for most of the season either.
    • Did you really say tonight’s game didn’t mean much? 
    • To state the obvious, the magic number for home field in the WC series is now 1, with 4 games remaining.   Would love to v close that out tomorrow va. the Yankees and then relax all weekend.  
  • Popular Contributors