Offer to Angels on the table

bigbird

Read into this as little or as much as you want. I was told we have an offer on the table to trade Tejada to the Angels for Wood and Saunders. The ball in in LAs court. Lots of things are starting to happen. He also said the chance to sign Bedard is slim to none! IF we can't get a kings ransom for him he wil not be traded this off season!

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Read into this as little or as much as you want. I was told we have an offer on the table to trade Tejada to the Angels for Wood and Saunders. The ball in in LAs court. Lots of things are starting to happen. He also said the chance to sign Bedard is slim to none! IF we can't get a kings ransom for him he wil not be traded this off season!

Thanks BB. Does it matter from whom we get the kings ransom? If neither LA team comes through could the METS be an option.

all good stuff.

I like the Woods/Saunders trade personally.

Only thing is does this make LAD the most likely place for MCab?

That's a pretty good package and something I could live with. I realize that hindsight is 20-20 but anybody still think we should have traded him for Ayabar/Santanna?

Gotta feel like the Angels will wait until the MCab stuff settles before they jump on this deal.

I think Wood/Saunders is a great deal for us.

Hopefully we can get teh King's ransom for Bedard, no reason to hang on to him this year without an extension.

Not sure about that. The thread SG posted about the Angels wner being pissed about being used by the Marlins was very interesting. He's also been a long time Tejada fan.

Thanks BB. Does it matter from whom we get the kings ransom? If neither LA team comes through could the METS be an option.

to me a big part of the LAD trade is getting Kershaw, a strong SP MiL. I remember reading somewhere that the deal might be Kemp, Broxton and another ML ready guy. If Kershaw (or any pitcher) isn't included and the O's want ML ready guys, would the Mets looks better (trying to look through AM's eyes that is).

Not sure about that. The thread SG posted about the Angels wner being pissed about being used by the Marlins was very interesting. He's also been a long time Tejada fan.

Hmm, I did read that thread. Moreno seems like the kind of guy that doesn't want to get jerked around. And he was the one who always pushed Tejada on Stoneman.

Maybe they decided they don't want to deal Kendrick and Adenhart, so they are gonna go the less expensive option of giving up Wood and Saunders.

BB, personally, how do you like Wood/Saunders as a return for Tejada?

to me a big part of the LAD trade is getting Kershaw, a strong SP MiL. I remember reading somewhere that the deal might be Kemp, Broxton and another ML ready guy. If Kershaw (or any pitcher) isn't included and the O's want ML ready guys, would the Mets looks better (trying to look through AM's eyes that is).

Rosenthal said the METS went after Bedard hard at the GMs meeting but we weren't ready to move then. I think they have pieces that could make it happen. They are not as good as the pieces the Angels and Dodgers have but they're good IMHO.

Archived