Koji Rejects trade to Jays

weams

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What about the value of Koji's influence on Wada and Chen as they adjust life and the game in America? That's got to be worth something. Plus the entertainment value of seeing the mirror images Koji and Wada work their stuff on the mound. There's gotta be a nickname and a T-shirt in that. Or a 2110-type promotion. This could pay dividends down the line for us in Japan, as well.

Yeah I want to see this. And I'm tired of splitting hairs over $1-2 mil.

A few things to support Koji's return:

1) Exactly from above. It DOES make finacial sense. The Orioles have 20+ million dollars invested in the 2 japanese starters. Koji's experience in living in the states, MLB baseball differences, etc is and will be, invaluable to those guys.

2) Our closer situation isn't exactly solid, so a bullpen by commitee isn't out of the question. Koji could certainly be part of that.

3) Simon over Koji? Not in my eyes. I would rather see Koji give up a homer throwing a strike, then Simon walking 2 and giving up the double.

4) Less Gregg = ALWAYS better!

Gerry Fraley of the Dallas Morning News says Baltimore remains interested in Uehara, who kept his home in the Maryland area after the Orioles sent him to the Rangers last summer.

Sunday, Dan Connolly of the Sun reports that the O's have had sporadic talks with the Rangers about reacquiring the right-hander.

Uppdated at ESPN insider at 10am.

If the Orioles do make a deal with the Rangers, look for a couple of prospects from Delmarva possibly being the equation. I've heard there could be some interest in Tim Berry and or Branden Webb. I wouldn't move Berry for Koji unless they are talking Kelly Gregg back, but I would move the toolsy, but very sporadic Brendan Webb for him.

@Ken_Rosenthal

Sources:,#Orioles pursuing #Rangers' Uehara as well as #STLCards' McClellan. Could complicate Cardinals' plan to clear $$$ for Oswalt. #MLB

@Ken_Rosenthal

Source says #Rangers have not made offer to Oswalt. Fit would be difficult. Team is discussing Uehara with #Orioles, others. #MLB

characters

Interesting. I doubt that there could be a true "bidding war" between the Rangers and Cardinals, but since both want Oswalt but both need to clear roster and salary space, might we get something more in a deal than with just one team involved? Not necessarily prospects, but maybe not having to give up as much?

I'd feel a little bad for McClellen, though. He grew up in what looks like the St. Louis equivalent of Glen Burnie (close suburb near the airport), so he's got to be living a dream right now.

Duquette will make at least one trade. Koji Uehara desperately wants to come back to the Orioles, and the Rangers would gladly move him. They tried once, but he rejected a trade to Toronto. He would crawl on his hands and knees to return to Baltimore, though a plane would be much faster.

The question is what Rangers general manager Jon Daniels wants in return

Duquette will make at least one trade.

http://www.masnsports.com/school_of_roch/2012/01/lets-make-a-deal.html

What about the value of Koji's influence on Wada and Chen as they adjust life and the game in America? That's got to be worth something. Plus the entertainment value of seeing the mirror images Koji and Wada work their stuff on the mound. There's gotta be a nickname and a T-shirt in that. Or a 2110-type promotion. This could pay dividends down the line for us in Japan, as well.

Yeah I want to see this. And I'm tired of splitting hairs over $1-2 mil.

Now here's a $4 million marketing strategy if I ever saw one...

...and you're right, this hair-splitting really has to end.

I could see some interest in an arm like Simon or even BB.

I could see moving BB ashe's basically #10-15 in our bucket of #5 starters. But I really cant see trading Simon to get him. He's 36 and may be effective a few more seasons. Simon has pretty good stuff and should be in our bullpen.

Bergesen will be getting close to 1M in arbitration, so if he is traded for Koji we would be getting Koji for about 3 M. Bergesen as a GB pitcher could have some appeal to TEX, and since it appears he has an option left, that could make him more attractive. We really don't have a need for him, and Koji in the pen would be an upgrade IMO.

Archived