Edwin Jackson Tweet (O's related)

Lance

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After entering the tweet into the TweetTranny2000, a translating device I just purchased via ebay, I can say with 86.23% certainty (according to the advert) that the tweet means "Orioles fans are starved for positive information."

Should've gone with the Magic 8-Ball.

I'm glad you clarified what a "TweetTranny" was because you could go in a few different directions there. And entering anything into a TweetTranny depending on said clarification could change the definition of your entire statement...

So you all know how the Orioles reportedly have interest in free agent starting pitcher Edwin Jackson? Well, depending on how you want to interpret his latest tweet, he may have an interest in pitching for the Orioles. Jackson is already on friendly terms with Adam Jones and Dan Duquette is reportedly looking for another arm that can give the team 200+ innings.

Jackson certainly fits that description as he?s thrown 214, 209.1 and 199.2 innings the last three seasons.

Jackson Tweet (granted, he asked people to guess where he'd play so take it for what its worth):

"We gonna see. ST right around the corner and im still a FA @dbard83 @EJ36 man ima run with them O's!!"

Sorry to be a downer, but the tweet is not being read correctly. Edwin tweeted last night, along with Rawlings, that they're doing some sort of giveaway for whoever guesses which team E-Jax will be signing with. @dbard83 was answering him with the O's.

I'm glad you clarified what a "TweetTranny" was because you could go in a few different directions there. And entering anything into a TweetTranny depending on said clarification could change the definition of your entire statement...

Suffice it to say that the multi-layered ambiguity of Tranny in this context felt appropriate :P

Sorry to be a downer, but the tweet is not being read correctly. Edwin tweeted last night, along with Rawlings, that they're doing some sort of giveaway for whoever guesses which team E-Jax will be signing with. @dbard83 was answering him with the O's.

Yep, you are correct.

DlJkP.png

4JI3b.png

Tweettranny??? is that a whistling one on Baltimore street? Eddis Murphy friend???

One thing the Orioles might have going for them regarding Jackson and a long-term deal is that center fielder Adam Jones and Jackson are good buddies. Then again, there is no guarantee Jones is in Baltimore after 2013

But money talks and all that other crap.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bal-orioles-notes-on-edwin-jackson-and-koji-uehara-20120128,0,1991792.story

I am pretty sure people will be way too excited if we land this guy.

2011- 12-9 3.79 ERA

2010- 10-12 4.47 ERA

2009- 13-9 3.62 ERA

2008- 14-11 4.42 ERA

In that time span he has average more than 200 IP's and he is 28-years old.

I think a terrible Orioles rotation heading into 2012 should be very happy to have him.

Jackson

Guthrie

Britton

Chen

Matauz/Wada/Arrieta

Vs.

Guthrie

Matusz

Arrieta

Britton

Tillman/Bergesen

It is night and day IMO.

Can someone tell me what the Orioles would have done last year if the pitching was league average in the hitting didn't change?

Yeah...pretty much.

Archived