ORIOLES vs. YANKEES 4/11

OFFNY

Glad I didn't waste much of my evening on this steaming crock of horses*^&. Prior to this game was probably the last winning record of 2012 for the Orioles. When I have a spare moment I'll see who screwed the pooch. I was thinking tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure I can get an idea from the thread titles in the OT forum.

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What the hell did the city of Baltimore do to deserve all this?

At least the Ravens won the superbowl recently. Sports isn't completely lost on Baltimore. I haven't really been raised to care about football. Maybe I'll start getting into it now, though. If I can be made to care about the sport, I might actually enjoy watching the Ravens have what football people consider "good" seasons, if not outright winning.

Sure beats watching a rigged game where the winners keep winning and the losers keep losing, which self-sustains the moneyball. It's like the gap between rich and poor, except everyone in MLB is relatively rich.

Between the inane MLB.TV blackouts, the utterly futile results of Oriole players, and the way that the entire game is built around enshrining the team from the seat of wealth, power and corruption in the United States, I don't know if I can stand MLB anymore. A sport that is neither fair nor played in good taste, is no sport at all. It's even worse than Reality TV, because it tries to keep up a public veneer that it's legit. Reality TV is so over the top that there's no doubt that it's totally rigged from the get-go. But MLB has been pulling the wool over my eyes for too long; I've been drinking the kool-aid that this might actually be a reputable sport. I don't believe that any more.

Hopefully this works its way out to the logical conclusion: where the MFYs win 95% of their games and win every single world series without end. Every single fan becomes a fan of the Yankees or stops watching the sport entirely. And due to lack of competition, even the most die-hard Yankees fans eventually lose interest, and the sport dies a slow death, being relegated to a footnote in history.

I can see it now, in some online encyclopedia a hundred years from now:

"In the 19th, 20th and 21st centuries, millions of people were swept away by the allure of a physical sport known as baseball. By the late 20th century, the organization that operated the self-proclaimed premiere baseball league in the world, Major League Baseball, began to succumb to corruption. In a few short decades, fans quickly realized that the game was no longer being played by the original rules, and that certain teams were heavily favored by the designated "judges" of the game, known as umpires, who would announce the result of each play. This created a negative feedback loop that drove more and more fans away, and the tremendous amount of infrastructure and expenditures accrued by Major League Baseball eventually collapsed under its own weight, bringing about the beginning of the end of competitive baseball. By the mid-21st century, baseball was relegated to a casual sport played by amateurs amidst the simultaneous consumption of alcohol, although this practice became less common without the possibility of "making it big" in the MLB."

That would be justice served, and I think it's the only fate awaiting MLB if they continue to present this travesty to the public. We're catching on, Selig.

I'm gonna go ahead and just overreact right now because I hate the effin' Yankees and their stupid fans so much. We should have traded Jones in the offseason, he looks like hes trying too hard because he doesn't have a deal yet and is trying to prove something.

Guess what becomes challenging when you're pissed off? Falling asleep.

Yeah, luckily for me it's just after 8pm here, so I have a few hours and my wife wants to watch the Dodgers which will help take my mind off the last 3 days. Ugh. Good luck. :|

Glad I didn't waste much of my evening on this steaming crock of horses*^&. Prior to this game was probably the last winning record of 2012 for the Orioles. When I have a spare moment I'll see who screwed the pooch. I was thinking tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure I can get an idea from the thread titles in the OT forum.

So I see six recent, almost simultaneous threads in the OT forum with the words "Kevin Gregg" in the title. All righty then.

I'm sure the team's situational hitting was again f&^%in'-A boffo, too.

At least the Ravens won the superbowl recently. Sports isn't completely lost on Baltimore. I haven't really been raised to care about football. Maybe I'll start getting into it now, though. If I can be made to care about the sport, I might actually enjoy watching the Ravens have what football people consider "good" seasons, if not outright winning.

Trust me...it's my fault. It's because I like the Orioles.

Orioles...Eagles...Penn State

Being let down is pretty much my entire life.

Archived