ORIOLES vs. YANKEES 4/11

OFFNY

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

c

Believe it or not, that was the one time ....... the one time that I wanted Gregg to throw a breaking ball out of the strike zone on a full count. There were 2 outs, a runner on second, and first base was open. I was thinking if he chases, great, if not, that's no big deal either.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Carter's got his OPS around .800 and with this news it looks fairly sure Carter over Langford is the Rangers guy same as Cowser over Holliday looks probable here for 2024 only performance.  
    • Remember, this is not me suggesting these...   I'd do the following: Tier One: Superstar for Superstar Prospects Division: Rhett Lowder for Jackson Holliday Big-time trades take big-time... guts. Lowder's been nails, while Holliday struggled greatly in his first cup of coffee. That said, he's absolutely loaded with talent. This would be a case of trying to strike while the iron was hot and would likely take a second prospect as well. (I'm guessing Edwin Arroyo might do it, though he might not.) Still, Holliday is the only reason I'd consider moving EDLC to another defensive spot-- likely 3B, with Marte moving to RF when he comes off the suspended list. Unlikely? Of, for sure. Impossible? Probably. But that's what it'd take to get me to part with Lowder at this point. Tier Two: Division One Starters Andrew Abbott or Graham Ashcraft for Ryan Mountcastle, Heston Kjerstad or Coby Mayo (AAA) Mayo's killing it in AAA and has all the attributes CES had last year. Kjerstad just has "it"-- it seems like he's a tough out I hated to see up to the plate this weekend. Both will be better. Abbott or Ashcraft makes some sense, then, as a partner. It'd hurt short-term to see one of them go. Long-term? The Reds probably win that trade. Tier Three: Division Two Starters Brandon Williamson for Ryan Mountcastle Mountcastle is a solidly average OF currently playing above his pay grade. Speaking of, he's going to get expensive relatively soon. I'd guess Baltimore might be inclined to get more playing time for its other players at the expense of a relative spare part. Mountcastle is that. For the Reds, he'd be a fine LF/ DH/ 1B option and a RH hitter. Tier Four: Maybe for Maybe Chase Petty or Connor Phillip for Sam Basallo Petty and Phillips have been major disappointments. I'd consider just about any Red pitching prospect aside from Lowder at this point. Basallo is a 19-year-old holding his own as a catcher in AA. It'd likely take both Petty and Noelvi Marte to make that deal happen, but I'd do it gladly. JAG for JAG Lucas Sims, et al, for Ryan McKenna Relievers are fungible, and Baltimore might well need more as the season wears on. Dealing for McKenna strengthens the Red bench. (I loathe Bubba.) I hope the Orioles would hang up the phone laughing at any of these proposals.
    • Wild idea...could Grayson be the closer we need?
    • Agreed, but he missed bats as a starter so there’s no reason he shouldn’t do it as a reliever.  He also touched 96-97 as a starter so I eventually expect that or better as a reliever.   It’s a new routine and a new role.  I’m hoping and expecting more.
    • Cowser looked good yesterday but he’s going to get pounded with changeups against any RH that’s got a good one.  At the very least he has to lay off the ones out of the strike zone but if he can’t learn to hit it, it’s going to hold him back.  The book is out.  
    • Yeah, definitely took care of business, but it wasn’t exactly what I was looking for. I didn’t see any data, but by my eye test he didn’t miss a ton of bats. It might just be that my hopes for him are a little too elevated. We will see.
  • Popular Contributors