Jeff Francoeur - RF

Eric Hosmer - 1B

Alcides Escobar - SS

Mitch Maier - CF

Humberto Quintero - C

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Matusz needed to be just a LITTLE bit better. He lost his control a few times, but was able to bounce back pretty quickly whenever that happened. The homer to Butler wasn't a bad pitch, the one to Francoeur was (a hanging breaking ball ahead 1-2). The pitch to Quintero which resulted in an RBI double to make it 4-2 was also a hanger. The Jones bobble in CF in the 1st inning lead to Francoeur eventually scoring that inning, so he also had a little bad luck take place. Overall, a "meh" start by Matusz. Not awful, but not particularly good either.

If Matusz can give us 6IP and 3ER when he doesn't have any swing-and-miss stuff (and he didn't, today, for the most part) I think we have to take that - and would gladly at the end of 2011.

The stuff he had today would have been a 10 run game last year. This year, he regrouped nicely on several occasions and limited the damage. I was pretty pleased, all things considered.

What drives me nuts is that we now have two games where Quintero just threw the bat out like some Little League kid and it falls down the LF line for a 2B. The guy can't hit or throw but this weekend he gets two birthday present 2Bs that really hurt us. Go figure. BM deserved better today. Oh well, at least this year we do have expectations of him winning. Major progress from last year.

What drives me nuts is that we now have two games where Quintero just threw the bat out like some Little League kid and it falls down the LF line for a 2B. The guy can't hit or throw but this weekend he gets two birthday present 2Bs that really hurt us. Go figure. BM deserved better today. Oh well, at least this year we do have expectations of him winning. Major progress from last year.

This whole series seemed like that... lots of week bloop hits from the Royals took us down.

Archived