Tillman

whynot38

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply
a 4 start sample size is about as meaningful as jack.

And a five run inning is even less of a sample size to make a judgement from is all I am saying. Only time will tell but I am encouraged by some of what Tillman has shown since he came back up. Even if he can become a 4/5 pitcher that will free up resources to spend elsewhere or make his trade value more than the almost zippo it was for a while.

Velocity quite clearly down tonight (sitting 90-92, still hasn't hit 93 once), but his curve has the sharpest break I've seen on it yet this year.
Looks to me like he has transitioned from sucking to not sucking.

He's sitting 92. I imagine he'll 93-94 for a bit. But he's going to be 92-93 most of the time, I think, maybe a little more on a good night.

And a five run inning is even less of a sample size to make a judgement from is all I am saying. Only time will tell but I am encouraged by some of what Tillman has shown since he came back up. Even if he can become a 4/5 pitcher that will free up resources to spend elsewhere or make his trade value more than the almost zippo it was for a while.

I don't think your understanding me. I like Tillman he is my favorite pitcher on the O's. I'm just calling it like it is. I need to him do it over and over again. I've like what I've seen so far in his brief season. I just want more of the same.

He's sitting 92. I imagine he'll 93-94 for a bit. But he's going to be 92-93 most of the time, I think, maybe a little more on a good night.

I dunno about that, I've seen more 90s and 91s than 92s. We'll see what the average is (and if he gains velocity as the game goes on like he did against Cleveland), but I think he's about 2 MPH down on average tonight.

I'm hoping it has something to do with the flu/cold he's been carrying. I really like Tillman's chances at 92-96, not so much at 91-93.

I don't think your understanding me. I like Tillman he is my favorite pitcher on the O's. I'm just calling it like it is. I need to him do it over and over again. I've like what I've seen so far in his brief season. I just want more of the same.

I think you're calling it too much.

I dunno about that, I've seen more 90s and 91s than 92s. We'll see what the average is (and if he gains velocity as the game goes on like he did against Cleveland), but I think he's about 2 MPH down on average tonight.

I'm hoping it has something to do with the flu/cold he's been carrying. I really like Tillman's chances at 92-96, not so much at 91-93.

I think you're calling it too much.

The last inning he was mostly 92. Before, 90-91. But I think you're going to have to get used to 91-94.

Archived