vs. Twins 7/17

erb8472

I just dont see why Zach cant put these guys away..he gets ahead then loses them...he's flirting with disaster...

I liked that pitch 3-2. If it's in the strike zone Span was frozen. He's overmatched Revere, took his chances with him, and did the job.

He's not exactly pitch efficient tonight but I'd have a hard time seeing how anyone could be discouraged by Zack's performance--especially his stuff--tonight.

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got to say that the solidly unspectaculor is fair, but he's been in trouble off and on all night and has pitched out of it. He has movement and looks solid. I'll take a bunch of starts as unspectaculor as this one

84 pitches in 4 innings? Yikes. Lucky if he makes it through the fifth. BTW, is there any way to determine how many 2-out runs our pitchers have given up? It's probably empirical, but it just seems like our pitchers give up an inordinate number of two-out runs, unable to get that third out...

God, I know Nick isn't the player we wanted him to be, necessarily. But it's so nice to have him back. It's nice to have a guy in the lineup who looks like he knows what he's doing up there.

Hit and run there. One word: WHY?

Archived