Hope Dan is on the Phones....

Greg

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Infante, Sanchez speculated in deal

MIAMI — There is strong speculation that the Marlins and Tigers are nearing completion on a trade.

The Marlins would be parting with Anibal Sanchez and Omar Infante in a deal that would send pitching prospect Jacob Turner to Miami.

Yeah, uh, the market has set itself pretty expensive. Anibal Sanchez and Omar Infante netted Jacob Turner. Why would you even pick up the phone about Josh Johnson unless you're ready to give up Bundy or Machado?

I am guessing that Dain45 would make that deal.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I think it is a positive (I think), that the team greatly exceeded expectations but not a single position player exceeded personal expectations with many (Mullins, Hays, Mountcastle) well below. What does it looks like if the all hit .270 + next year? Of course quite a few unexpected pitchers stepped forward
    • Glad to see Kjerstad get off to a good start in AFL. Don’t know what it is about Aberdeen, but almost every player improves after leaving there. 
    • New park rule, to hit a home run you have to hit the warehouse. Anything less is a ground rule double.
    • Batting average is just another stat. It has predictive value. It is well correlated with OBP. I have a hard time understanding the general herd-mind snobbery that comes out whenever anyone mentions Batting Average.
    • Not enough PAs to qualify. Players need 3.1 PAs per game (501 PAs in 162 games). Trey only had 401 PAs with the O’s this year.
    • Yeah, I value on base percentage a lot more than batting average. Batting average is neat if you’ve got a guy like Ichiro or Boggs or Gwynn. But OBP is, IMO, the far better metric.    However, if we had a guy making a race for a batting title this board would be all in. Maybe except for you because you’re a curmudgeon and @DrungoHazewoodbecause he’d be telling us all about how Hot Cakes O’Houlihan had it harder in the 1896 Federal League. 
    • They should just paint WALLTIMORE across it in giant letters.    I don’t know what else they could do with it except bring it in maybe 10 feet. Overall, I liked the wall this year. I didn’t see as many doubles and triples as expected but I think it was an overall positive for us.    That said, I think they overdid it by a few feet. I wouldn’t mind if they brought it in 5-10 feet but kept the height the same.    But I took Ruiz’s tweet to mean that they wouldn’t really change the new LF wall and that they were reconsidering other outfield dimensions.  I don’t know what they could do other than move the CF wall back into the sod farm a bit.  I can’t imagine them touching the flag court. 
  • Popular Contributors