vs. TAMPA BAY RAYS 7/26

OFFNY

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the very least, Tillman has avoided the disaster of his second start (it looked scary when he walked the first 2 batters of the game), and Gonzo Part II's game last night.

Plus, that was a nice, quick 1-2-3 inning just now, after flirting with trouble again in the second inning.

Was Jennings ball deep? Manfra made it sound like it was going far at first?

Not at all. It was a big looking swing but he hit it towards the handle of the bat, weak contact. Upton's FB was hit farther and that was just a normal FB itself.

Time for a Thome steal.

No way. After laying low for 2 decades, Thome finally showed his true wheels when he swiped that base a couple of weeks ago. The book is out on him now. The Rays are ready for him.

Serioulsy.I don't understand why he played yesterday at DH. He needs a day off. Even worse why would you bat him cleanup.

I dunno, maybe because he mashes against lefties and because we have no one else to fill either of those roles vs. lefties? (DH, cleanup spot)

Playing Wieters as DH against lefties makes a lot of sense. It's not Buck's fault he's not hitting.

I dunno, maybe because he mashes against lefties and because we have no one else to fill either of those roles vs. lefties? (DH, cleanup spot)

Playing Wieters as DH against lefties makes a lot of sense. It's not Buck's fault he's not hitting.

I don't mind him at DH but he looks lost and might have needed a day off to clear his head.

Archived