vs. TAMPA BAY RAYS 7/26

OFFNY

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone think that Strop being so good this year makes the Orioles try JJ as a starter next year?

Buck has seemed hesitant because of his back, but they may try it.

I imagine that will depend on how well our current AAAA pitchers do with the remainder of the year. If they do poorly, we might see JJ try it out.

I doubt it, but it's possible. He's just been so lights out as a closer that it's tough to move him from that role.

Don't you think that it is so valuable to have the 8-9 guys in Strop-Johnson that the O's would want to get a signifcant deal for one of them to move them?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I agree with this. The unfortunate part of that is it typically takes leaving to figure that part out. Most of us lack that ability to “recognize what we have” and resist the other.   With all that being said, I’m not sure that concept necessarily applies here. He could certainly move on, get the bag, and land in a place with good people and good opportunity.
    • It’s more than just not being Angelos.    People see the resources this group has relative to the Angelos family.  The stage of life many in the group are in. There’s a lot of people around the city with connections to the ownership group and you hear a very consistent theme of what the group is looking to do.  
    • Imagine the shame of that player, always having an asteroid attached to his achievement in the history books.
    • Can we implement some sort of paragraph policy around here?
    • I'll be honest, wasn't on my radar until this post. I went back and watched his outing and all of your observations are right on in my opinion. Lots of swing and miss and definitely not a195 pounds lol. Has had command problem in past but not this outing.  I'll see what I an dig up about him but would be nice to have velo. 
    • He's top ten for me easy. The real question is whether he's the team's best pitching prospect or not? Povich has it right now due to his success in AAA, but nobody brings the stuff that DeLeon brings consistently in the system. He's a taller Cionel Perez with a changeup.
    • Ha, I know you love your boy!   He is improving but while he's "versatile" in that he has experience at a lot of positions, he's not really good at any of them. He reminds me a bit of Rick Short but shorty was a better hitter overall albeit with a little less power than Cook. I still think he's an org guy but he may at some point work his way into a major league bench one day. There are worse guys who played in the majors for sure.
  • Popular Contributors