vs. TIGERS 8/17

OFFNY

Wait...Really? If this team wasn't repeatedly clutch this year, they'd have about 45 wins right now.

They're awful with RISP, those are clutch situations. They wouldn't need to go to extras all the time, or win so many 1 run games if they could hit with RISP.

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wait...Really? If this team wasn't repeatedly clutch this year, they'd have about 45 wins right now.

Yes, you don't have the record we have right now if we don't win the one and two run games we've been winning. It's a sucky loss on so many levels but lack of clutchness isn't the team's problem going forward.

I know it's probably annoying, but I'm a diehard, and it just pisses me off royally seeing the team waste so many chances in close games. I don't try to be so negative but I'm just so angry right now, ugh.

We fans got spoiled by the Orioles actually winning so many close games. These last two days are a reminder of how tough baseball is.

Well, safe to say we were beaten by a total of 2 players tonight. Take away Cabrera and Fielder and the rest of the line-up went 1-23 with a walk.

That's crazy. Really, it's just one of those tough games. Going to numb at me until our next game but we've won games like this year too. Just gotta be more smart with Cabrera and especially Fielder tomorrow.

You should be embarrassed for always sounding like 33 RPM album with a scratch in it, skipping over and over. Pathetic. Pathetic. Pathetic.

Again, I'm sorry, it's the only beef I have with the team and it's so frustrating looking back at almost every one of our losses and thinking about all the valuable chances that we gave up. I really don't try to be negative, I'm just venting. I love this team so much and all I want is for them to win, and it's just so frustrating to see them shooting themselves in the foot.

I know it's probably annoying, but I'm a diehard, and it just pisses me off royally seeing the team waste so many chances in close games. I don't try to be so negative but I'm just so angry right now, ugh.
Some advice... We're all getting angry, man. You just need to lighten it up with the doom and gloom hyperboles and maybe make a positive post every now and then. No one likes a Debby downer. Especially not in the game thread.

You're about as much fun to the rest of us as a sox fan starting a chant in Camden Yards right now.

Some advice... We're all getting angry, man. You just need to lighten it up with the doom and gloom hyperboles and maybe make a positive post every now and then. No one likes a Debby downer. Especially not in the game thread.

You're about as much fun to the rest of us as a sox fan starting a chant in Camden Yards right now.

This man speaks the truth. If I typed half the stuff that I yell at the tv in my living room, it would suck to read and I'd probably get banned from this site. So, I yell that stuff and type the positive/inquisitive stuff.

This man speaks the truth. If I typed half the stuff that I yell at the tv in my living room, it would suck to read and I'd probably get banned from this site. So, I yell that stuff and type the positive/inquisitive stuff.

I'm more of the opposite for some reason. I post the negative stuff to get it out, and for the most part keep the positive stuff to myself. Dont really know why, but I guess it's because if I don't get the negative out, I'll keep thinking about it... This is mostly on the game thread though... Don't think I've ever had a negative post on the talk forum. My posts usually show confidence and are positive :)

Archived