The Pirates may not break their losing streak after all

Frobby

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Assistant GM Kyle Stark will be the first to go. (Full story here.)

Huntington, who I've generally supported, should be next.

Looks like this was picked up on Yahoo!

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/pirates---hells-angels-----navy-seals--minor-league-training-methods-become-mlb-joke--.html

In a way, I'm kind of glad Pittsburgh is taking our place as go-to whipping boy for the big press.

Mind-boggling 2012 Pirate factoid: catchers Rod Barajas and Michael McKenry have combined to throw out exactly 14 of 155 base stealers ? 9%!!! ? this season.

And they had a chance to draft Wieters. Should of. They just got scared at the price tag. But is 6.6 million that we gave him worth it? Every red cent.

Looks like this was picked up on Yahoo!

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/pirates---hells-angels-----navy-seals--minor-league-training-methods-become-mlb-joke--.html

In a way, I'm kind of glad Pittsburgh is taking our place as go-to whipping boy for the big press.

Oh my god. Its worse than the crazy personality test they used to swear by. Remember when everyone mocked us for that?

Mind-boggling 2012 Pirate factoid: catchers Rod Barajas and Michael McKenry have combined to throw out exactly 14 of 155 base stealers ? 9%!!! ? this season.

That's really bad. Anyhow, I feel bad for them honestly having the collapse they have. Really no fanbase should have to endure what Pirates fans have. Well unless it's the Yankee and Red Sox.

No one should wish this. My wife is a Pirate fan, and I have come to adopt them as my NL team, and it is painful watching a team lose an entire generation of fans due to mismanagement and cheapskate owners.

'79 holds some of my earliest Oriole memories. Plus we lost to them in '71.

Factor in the Squeelers and Penguins and I couldn't care less about Pittsburgh's fans feelings. Your wife excluded.

Wow, losing handily to the Astros tonight. You know you've hit bottom when you can't beat Houston.

Having not much of an interest in either pro football or hockey, I don't have much problem with the good folks of Pittsburgh. I really don't want to wish these types of collapses on anyone.

The Pirates, who have gone 11-30 in their last 41 games, have 11 games remaining and need a 7-4 record to reach .500. They have another game with the Astros, who have been flummoxing them, followed by four at the Mets (their next best chance to pick up some wins), three at home to the Reds, and three at home to the Braves. The most realistic scenario (ha) would be to win tomorrow's game, sweep the Mets, and steal one from both the Reds and the Braves. Not bloody likely. Looks like the completion of two decades of futility is nigh.

Assistant GM Kyle Stark will be the first to go. (Full story here.)

Huntington, who I've generally supported, should be next.

Reading the full text of the Stark email was genuinely alarming.

Q. What worse than a Special Forces wannabe in a position of authority?

A. One who also listens to too many cheezy motivational tapes.

If I were Taillon, Gerrit Cole, Josh Bell, et al, I would let the Pirates know that I would be pursuing my own training program as long as Stark continued to receive a Pirates paycheck. Contract be damned.

Archived