vs BLUE JAYS 9/24 GAME TWO

Goober Noodles

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Absolutely pathetic. Bases loaded 0 outs. Only this team can ruin an opportunity like that with a slow runner and a weak fly ball.

If this team can't tie the game with the bases loaded and no outs against Brad Lincoln, we may as well go home now, because October is going to end on the third.

This post brought to you by reactionary SSS negative nancy debbie downer.

Totally reactionary, but somewhat merited reactionary. The Orioles are having trouble establishing a big inning when they need one. Yesterday and today. If we lose tonight and look back on failing to catch the Yanks, these two games will stick out...

When it gets to this part of the season, how can you not pull out all the stops? You have a catcher on third representing the tying run and a good flyball hitter up. You have two catchers on the bench (Wieters, Exposito). Why not pinchrun for Teagarden?

Unbelievable inning. Adam Jones needs to stop the GD home run swings and make contact. He has to know he's going to get sliders away in that situation. Nothing wrong with Davis' AB, just the wrong runner on 3rd. Had Buck PR for Teagarden like he should have, Avery scores on both JJ's single and Davis' flyball. The orioles are carrying Exposito for a reason. Should be tied up.

I don't think there is a worse team with the bases loaded. There is no pitcher that doesn't get off the hook when we have the sacks loaded. I love Jones, but you HAVE to bring in the tying run there. It is almost impossible not to have tied the game there, but I feel like we do that so often.

If Jones would look at a pitch or two, maybe he doesn't go down 0-2 like that and have to look at low and away sliders.

And he has to know that there is no way that he is getting a ball in the strike zone until it is 3-2. I mean he is our top hitter and hehas to know that they are not going to throw a strike on 2-2. At 3-2, probably, but not at 2-2.

Archived