10/3/2012: GAME 162 - Orioles at Rays

Don Quixote

Look, it sucks the Orioles will not hist the Wild card, but I still think some of you have unreal expectations. The Orioles have defeated the odds all year, but like in Vegas, the odds eventually win.

We won a game in which we struck out 15 times. Feel lucky we got one win and feel lucky that we are in the wild card game when Tampa is not, despite the fact that they are clearly a better team with a vastly superior pitching staff.

Their pitching is better, but without Longoria, they're dreadful on offense. Amazing they won 90, but they aren't all that vastly superior.

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Embarrassing series. Save Chris Davis, some pen guys and Miguel Gonzalez.

Most important series of the year and the lineup just didn't show up. The Rays have the best pitching staff in baseball, but come on... 4 runs is embarrassing.

They always seem to turn it around when they start looking bad though. It would be a great time to start hitting again.

They faced some pretty good pitching, but yes, the team's offense did not do well. They've done this before and broken out so hopefully they can start it back up on Friday.

I'm sorry but wild card is hardly post-season. It's a speed bump to the real race. Everyone plays 162 games - O's play 163. That's hardly post-season. It's a rounding error. O's need to get past Rangers. Surely being 5th in the league is not what we are after.

I doubt you are among kindred spirits here with that view. Where are you from?

I know it is frustrating tonight but Tampa is making great pitches. It isn't like I have seen us missing a bunch of mistakes. I just don't understand how we let the other teams best player beat us with that weak lineup they have. After the first HR at the least Longoria should of seen nothing hittable, make the other -lesser players beat you.

We pitched stupid. I assume it's the pitchers' lack of command, but isn't it something Wieters, Buck, or Adair cd have almost forced the pitchers to do?

At least it's true that the division being out of hand is unrelated to our performance (or lack thereof) tonight. The Sux are, as expected, rolling over. So it's not like we had a shot at the division. We blew that two nights ago. I'm already over it. I just wanted to cap an amazing season with a W. But it looks like Tampa won't be denied, and our guys are just phoning it in.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Hate to break it to ya Tony but we are going to face a guy who's just as good if not better than Hellickson, Shields, and Cobb in Arlington.

And the hitters have never seen his pitchers before.. and we know how that has gone all year for this team

They faced some pretty good pitching, but yes, the team's offense did not do well. They've done this before and broken out so hopefully they can start it back up on Friday.

We can hope. I am just glad we made the post season. ;)

Their pitching is better, but without Longoria, they're dreadful on offense. Amazing they won 90, but they aren't all that vastly superior.

I said their pitching staff is vastly superior, which they are. Look at that rotation, they have three to four starters that would be the clear number one on our staff. Sure, their lineup stinks without Longoria, which is why they came up short for a playoff spot.

It would not surprise me if every oriole struck out to end this game. It would not surprise me if we come back and win.

It would not surprise me if we lose by 10 runs on Friday. It would not surprise me if we win by 10 runs on Friday.

iPhone 4 Tapatalk Master Race Out

Hate to break it to ya Tony but we are going to face a guy who's just as good if not better than Hellickson, Shields, and Cobb in Arlington.

At times he can be, but he's been hit before. He very well may dominate us, but then again, the balls might fly out of Arlington instead of hitting some beam in a dome. ;)

Archived