10/3/2012: GAME 162 - Orioles at Rays

Don Quixote

This kills me too' date=' it's rough -- but we didn't blow anything. The It's not like the Yankees are losing any games. We took 3 of 3 from Boston at home. We've won the games we should have won.

The reason Tampa won 13 of their last 15 is because of what you're watching right now. Nobody can touch their starting pitchers. In fact, the only reason they didn't make it into the post season is because we swept them here in Baltimore.[/quote']

This last sentence is why they are happily kicking our butts right now. Play hard or go home, or um, to TX.

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I said their pitching staff is vastly superior, which they are. Look at that rotation, they have three to four starters that would be the clear number one on our staff. Sure, their lineup stinks without Longoria, which is why they came up short for a playoff spot.

And it is yet to be determined that he can keep that leg healthy. Boy, if he could stay healthy. Or if Ken Griffey Junior could have...

We pitched stupid. I assume it's the pitchers' lack of command, but isn't it something Wieters, Buck, or Adair cd have almost forced the pitchers to do?

I know they didn't try to make those mistakes but after the first one throw him breaking balls a foot off the plate. I can sleep after a game if Joyce or someone else beats us. I hate letting up 3HR's to one guy on the team with that weak of a lineup. This team doesn't have depth offensively like Texas or NYY. To me Adair and Buck should have talked about it after the first one. No way can I let him beat me.

I know they didn't try to make those mistakes but after the first one throw him breaking balls a foot off the plate. I can sleep after a game if Joyce or someone else beats us. I hate letting up 3HR's to one guy on the team with that weak of a lineup. This team doesn't have depth offensively like Texas or NYY. To me Adair and Buck should have talked about it after the first one. No way can I let him beat me.

You can certainly build a case that the Orioles did not pitch to Longoria correctly. After he hit the first home run, they should have pitched around him the rest of the game. Not sure how you let him get three pitches like that when the rest of the lineup does not scare you in the least bit. Oh well.

Archived