Yankees: It's the fans' fault!

Migrant Redbird

Yankees player says team was rocked by booing during Game 2 of ALCS

And while A-Rod blamed two weeks of postseason futility at the plate, saying it ?sucked the energy out of us," another player privately made a far more indicting observation: that the ballclub was affected by the hostility from the fans at Yankee Stadium last weekend.

?I really think the booing spooked a lot of guys," the player said. ?A lot of guys hadn?t been booed before, and they couldn?t believe how nasty it got in the stands."

Obviously Nick Swisher admitted to being sensitive to such treatment after Game 2, but the player said Swisher was far from alone in his reaction.

?A lot of guys were talking about it in the clubhouse," he said. ?I was surprised by how much it bothered them. I really don?t think they ever recovered."

If that?s true, well, so much for the big, bad Yankees.

If that's what it was, then Yankees fans got what they deserved.

There's no two ways about it, Yankee fans are spoiled rotten. Frankly, how could they not be, after going to the playoffs 16 of the last 17 years or whatever it is?

I can't tell you how much I'd love to see these smug jerks suffer through a decade of lousy baseball and learn what it takes to be real fans, not a bunch of frontrunners who feel they are entitled to see their team win the World Series every year.

There's no two ways about it, Yankee fans are spoiled rotten. Frankly, how could they not be, after going to the playoffs 16 of the last 17 years or whatever it is?

I can't tell you how much I'd love to see these smug jerks suffer through a decade of lousy baseball and learn what it takes to be real fans, not a bunch of frontrunners who feel they are entitled to see their team win the World Series every year.

Feel the same way. See how many people will go to that bandbox of a stadium when the team keeps losing. My guess is it won't be much.

Throw the Red Sox and their fanbase in their as well. For a team that hadn't won in 86 years,the World Series wins in 04 and 07 made their fanbase even worse then the Yankees at times.

This is why I can really give Mets fans a lot of credit. They are an up and down team and play in the Yankees backyard. Yet the two fan bases hate each other and the Mets fans pride themselves on being loyal fans because they root for a team that doesn't go to the playoffs every year. Yankee fans have no moral high ground.

Let's see how well they do when the Yankees hit a dry patch, because it looks like they are headed for one.

This. Yankee fan friend on facebook posted "Yankees suck right now" when they were down 6-0 in Game 4. Man was I tempted to comment and say "try fifteen years of being sub 500 and get back to me." but I am not that kind of person. I agree. Give their fans a decade of lousy baseball and learn the rest of a real fan. Yankee fans are as you said- spoiled rotten. To them a bad season is winning the pennant but losing in the WS. I've never even seen my team win a pennant.

This. Yankee fan friend on facebook posted "Yankees suck right now" when they were down 6-0 in Game 4. Man was I tempted to comment and say "try fifteen years of being sub 500 and get back to me." but I am not that kind of person. I agree. Give their fans a decade of lousy baseball and learn the rest of a real fan. Yankee fans are as you said- spoiled rotten. To them a bad season is winning the pennant but losing in the WS. I've never even seen my team win a pennant.

14 years. We don't want to make what was a bad situation worse than it was. ;)

Archived