Kyuji Fujikawa, the 32-yo, hard-throwing Japanese closer, visited Baltimore

Greg

No point reading any further once the Dodgers were mentioned. Like Rothensal said, if the Dodgers want a player, they will get him. They already killed the RP market with League. Wouldnt be shocked if they offered this guy 3/21 mil. Thats too rich for my taste, for a 32 year old RP with no track record in MLB.

I realize the Dodgers have been acting crazy lately, flaunting their cash. But I'm not sure we're to the point that they snap their fingers and any and all free agents they have a vague and rumored interest in are wearing Dodger blue.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I realize the Dodgers have been acting crazy lately, flaunting their cash. But I'm not sure we're to the point that they snap their fingers and any and all free agents they have a vague and rumored interest in are wearing Dodger blue.

If that players sole interest is the most money. Thats according to the talking heads of course. But, all evidence backs up they have no salary constraints. Its kind of ironic. McCourt ruined the team basically by stealing money from it. Now the new owners, will have to be bailed out by MLB once they belly flop the team with aging vets making 20 mil each. Of course, this is a sport run by a man who couldnt even run his own team.

Too much money! He could be a nice addition for the Cubs if he has the same numbers in the U.S. We are already talking to Koji and can get him for less money. He had great numbers with the Rangers last season. Strop will probably be in a deal for Butler or Dickey.

Koji's numbers - 36 innings with 43 K's and a 1.75 ERA. He made 4 million with the Rangers this year. Everyone would like to see Koji return it seems.

You wanted to spend that kind of money on a relief pitcher in decline?

This signing is crazy for the Cubs unless they plan on signing Greinke and Hamilton while they're at it. I had never heard of this guy before this offseason which isn't saying much, but I do tend to think the Cubs weren't a 32-year old closer away from competing.

You wanted to spend that kind of money on a relief pitcher in decline?

He just wanted to see money spent, and he doesn't seem to care where or how it's spent.

Nothing I've read in the Fujikawa scouting reports has been extremely positive. He's decent, and can hack it in the majors, but nothing special.

Archived