New Brian Roberts Thread - Thursday's Reporting

Cal8

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is much bigger news than Roberts, IMO.

Does this mean they upped from Votto to Bruce, or from Stubbs to Hamilton/Encarnacion?

Or was that just exactly what your guy told you and you're as anxious / curious as the rest of us fiends?

I'm very anxious.

Also just received info that the Reds have up'd the offer a great deal for Bedard.

To what I wonder? No way its Bruce, but maybe a Cueto/Bailey, Votto, and Hamilton as the third piece. I heard both Votto and Hamilton wouldn't be dealt, but maybe this is as solid of a three man deal that we can get.

Wow, today could be a huge day that changes the face of the Orioles future from the sound of it. Getting very excited.

Also, if the Roberts deal goes down as proposed, won't it be ironic to have LF be such a huge gaping hole for so many years to have it all the sudden crowded with Murton and Scott?

Belkast...Do you think we could get Encarnacion or Hamilton as the 3rd player in a Reds deal? We'd then probably flip Scott somewhere for a SS but it would be well worth it IMO. Any chance of this?

That would have to happen for us to favor that over the Jones, Sherilll, Morrow/Clement, and 4th player deal from Seattle. Do you agree?

Bruce still untouchable?

I am hoping this latest offer means Bruce, but I haven't been told names yet.

Archived