Flacco traded to New England

Crazysilver03

Per Rotoworld:

Red Sox acquired 1B Mike Flacco from the Orioles for cash considerations.

Flacco is best known as the brother of Baltimore Ravens quarterback, Joe Flacco. The 26-year-old owns a .253/.335/.378 batting line over four seasons in the minors and was not included in the organization's Top 30 prospects as ranked by Baseball America.

Per Rotoworld:

“Mike had a few years with us and the Red Sox had some interest. And we thought this would be a better opportunity for him. We talk to clubs every day to see if we have a match, and on this one we had a match”

DD

Come on Crazy, you missed a great opportunity to just title your post "Flacco traded" and cause a bunch of heart attacks on the message board!

I demand the mods capitalize on this oversight. The situation is too juicy to pass up and it's not too late

I might be on an island here, but I'm dissapointed by this news item. Sure, Mike has about as good a chance as Billy Rowell of amounting to anything relevant but I still enjoyed following his progress in the minors and I'm sure Joe liked having him in the Baltimore area

“Mike had a few years with us and the Red Sox had some interest. And we thought this would be a better opportunity for him. We talk to clubs every day to see if we have a match, and on this one we had a match”

DD

Ok, this makes sense. Still annoys me that his 'better opportunity' is with the Red Sox

There has been some speculation arround camp that Mike was debating switching to football during the offseason and that his bulking up of neck, shoulders and chest was with playing tight end in mind. Perhaps it was wiser to get cash or a PTBNL now than lose him to retirement (switching to football) if his season didn't meet his goals.

Archived