Florida State 14

Ole Miss 13

Saint Mary's 11

Belmont 11

Colorado State 10

Wichita State 5

Montana 1

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings

I probably know the least about college basketball here, but gotta love it! I am excited. Go Gators and Georgetown for me!

I don't think I have seen a bracket without Louisville being the champion yet:)

Anyone got any upsets in the first round?

Oregon is playing more like a team with a record in a major conference (26-8, Pac-12) would indicate than like a team that is a 12 seed, as they lead 5th-seeded Oklahoma State by 11 points at halftime.

I'm as uninterested as ever in the NCAA this year but as I check the scores, I see Southern within a few points. This is what March Madness is about.

If Southern had won, and become the first # 16 seed EVER to beat a # 1 seed (1985-present), that would have been March INSANITY. :eektf:

I remember in 1989 when Pete Carril's Princeton team (#16 seed) lost by one point to Georgetown. In that game, the officiating went mostly against Princeton, including the final play of the game, when Mourning wasn't called for a foul on Mueller as time expired.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1126655/index.htm

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• If you’d asked me a few weeks ago, I probably would have told you that I didn’t care if Aaron Judge hit homer 60, 61 or 62 against us.    I’m not sure what’s changed, but in the words of the great Mox from Varsity Blues, “I say, ‘**** that.’”  I do not want to see our guys pitching to him this weekend.    I do not want to see Judge (who, for the record, I don’t have much of a problem with) celebrating at our expense. I don’t want to see his teammates celebrating at our expense. I sure as hell don’t want to see their fans celebrating at our expense.    Nothing would please me more this weekend than seeing Yankee fans crying about how we walked Judge 12-15 times over three games and how they bought tickets to see him hit #62 and blah blah blah.  Nothing would please me more than, after years of seeing Judge destroy our pitching, giving him absolutely nothing to hit and having him stand on first base all weekend while the boos rain down. I want us to be the bad guys. I want us to be the killjoys.  I do not want Hyde to give in. And even if he does have our guys pitch to Judge, I want our guys to be smart and throw everything in the dirt. Or airmail it over the home plate umpire.    I doubt it happens.  I’m sure some poor sap like Baumann or Baker or Krehbiel or  Reed will go down in history as the sucker who grooved a belt high fastball to Judge for #62. He’ll be on replays forever.  And after the game he’ll give some stock answer about “wanting to challenge him” or something which is silly because our pitching hasn’t ever been a challenge for Judge.    So, Hyde and/or Elias, if you’re reading, just walk Judge all weekend long. Make the Yankees and their fans miserable. Be the bad guys. Don’t let anyone have fun at our expense. It’s a new era for Orioles baseball, we’re no longer a laughingstock. No longer a team to set records against. No longer a team to beat up on.  Do not give in.    Milligan, out. 
    • I think it's pretty simple... they like him more than Tyler Nevin as a backup 1B, and they don't trust anyone else on the team to play first base. There were reports of Santander and Gunnar taking reps at first but nothing saying that the results were passable. I'm guessing they didn't like what they saw.
    • Not to mention this was AFTER Hays ruined the chances last night by GIDP against Barnes and like clockwork he repeats the feat. So yea Mullins just might have been a better option there.
    • Well, Chirinos did hit a homer!  
    • I feel like Elias has decided recently that they are out of it, and now its about securing better odds for the draft lottery by putting out lineups like today's.  
  • Popular Contributors