2013 N.C.A.A. Tournament

OFFNY

Colorado State won a tournament game for the first time in 24 years, since 1989.

They are the only team from their conference (Mountain West) that has won a game so far, as Boise State, New Mexico, and U.N.L.V. all went down.

San Diego State plays tomorrow.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/conferences/teams/_/id/44/mountain-west-conference

Colorado State and San Diego State were both defeated in the 2nd round.

5 teams from the Mountain West Conference entered. 3 went down immediately, the other 2 went down in the Round of 32.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

V.C.U. went out of their way to jam it down Akron's throat, then promptly had it pushed down their own esophagus by the Michigan Wolverines.

http://www.michigandaily.com/sports/3-wolverines-throttle-vcu-advance-first-sweet-sixteen-1994-23

I wouldn't say we went out of our way to jam it down Akron's throats. Maybe we could've stopped the press a little earlier, but this is the NCAA Tournament, you're out there to win. Shaka would never let his team purposefully run up the score.

Now the Michigan game..that just sucked. They had our number.

I wouldn't say we went out of our way to jam it down Akron's throats.

I would. So would just about everyone else that saw the game.

At least the Akron players got a consolation prize (and some poetic justice) from watching their very next game against Michigan.

At least the Akron players got a consolation prize (and some poetic justice) from watching their very next game against Michigan.

If you get offended by getting blown out in a championship setting then you shouldn't bother showing up. VCU's game is havoc, it would be unfair to them to back off. It could throw them off their rhythm.

If you get offended by getting blown out in a championship setting then you shouldn't bother showing up. VCU's game is havoc, it would be unfair to them to back off. It could throw them off their rhythm.

Maybe you're right.

I watched a little of LaSalle earlier, and they just looked content to be there. Didn't seem to care if they won. Reading quotes in the paper this week confirms that. It was nothing but talking about how much fun it will be to get back to campus.

I watched a little of LaSalle earlier, and they just looked content to be there. Didn't seem to care if they won. Reading quotes in the paper this week confirms that. It was nothing but talking about how much fun it will be to get back to campus.

Have they (LaSalle) been past the first round since they had the "L Train"--Lionel Simmons?

Who wins this thing? All of my Final 4 teams didn't make it to the elite 8.

Have they (LaSalle) been past the first round since they had the "L Train"--Lionel Simmons?

Who wins this thing? All of my Final 4 teams didn't make it to the elite 8.

No.

This is only the second time that they have even been in the N.C.A.A. Tournament since he was there (1986-1990.)

They lost in the 1st round of the 1992 tournament, and now, they finally made it back.

It's the NCAA Tournament. Gotta come with your big boy pants on. Didn't hear any complaining from VCU fans after the Michigan game.

It's the NCAA Tournament. Gotta come with your big boy pants on. Didn't hear any complaining from VCU fans after the Michigan game.

The first part of your statement is correct, but the latter sentence really isn't saying anything. Of course, they didn't complain. How exactly could they complain about getting spanked by 25 points by Michigan immediately after beating Akron by 46?

Hypothetically, if V.C.U. had lost to Michigan in the first round in that manner and had not complained, you could compare that to another team in the tournament getting blown out and whether or not they complained about it as a legitimate analogy, but not the way that you used it.

Archived