Crush Davis is hurt

weams

And some people were saying we didn't need to re-sign Mark Reynolds... Hopefully, it's just a light knee sprain for Crush, but if it isn't, our options are really not what they would have been if Reynolds were on the team right now...

Well, yeah. But there was enough depth prior to the season. From a Reynolds as DH perspective, of course.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the Angels feed it showed him walking in the dugout until he got to the stairs to the locker room. He one legged it down the stairs, sat down on the bottom step and was being looked at by the trainer.

And some people were saying we didn't need to re-sign Mark Reynolds... Hopefully, it's just a light knee sprain for Crush, but if it isn't, our options are really not what they would have been if Reynolds were still on the team...

Can we stop it with the Reynolds re-sign posts??

Well, yeah. But there was enough depth prior to the season. From a Reynolds as DH perspective, of course.

Really? No decent back-up for Manny, no decent back up for Hardy, no decent back up for BRob, and no decent backup for Davis--seriously, where is the depth? I know Flaherty can play all infield positions, but is that what you call depth? I honestly think not re-signing Reynolds is going to haunt us deep into the season.

Can we stop it with the Reynolds re-sign posts??

Why? Honestly, I'm really not trying to pick up a fight, and I was actually on the fence about re-signing Reynolds, but do you really not think he'd be particularly handy right now?....

(EDIT--that's way too many adverbs there, sorry..)

Really? No decent back-up for Manny, no decent back up for Hardy, no decent back up for BRob, and no decent backup for Davis--seriously, where is the depth? I know Flaherty can play all infield positions, but is that what you call depth? I honestly think not re-signing Reynolds is going to haunt us deep into the season.

Betemit is a 1B/3B, not a starter at those positions, but he can fill in well enough in a pinch. He's a DH who can crush righties. He got hurt.

Brian Roberts was supposed to be the starter. He got hurt. We have Casilla, Flaherty, and Navarro in the minors as options for that 2B position.

Valencia is a DH and 3B who can crush lefties. But we have Reimold up here trying to find his swing at DH and can play LF.

But when Betemit got hurt, Roberts got hurt, and with Casilla/Flaherty struggling along with Reimold it mice sign. akes things worse...obviously.

Mark Reynolds would have been a nice signing. But let's not act as if Duquette and gang didn't sign a ton of depth. They did.

Options in minors for Davis: Ishikawa, Canzler, Valencia.

Lookitspuck--Not disagreeing with any part of you post... Still think Reynolds would give us a lot more desirable options than we have now if Davis is going to be out of commission for more than just a couple of days.

Lookitspuck--Not disagreeing with any part of you post... Still think Reynolds would give us a lot more desirable options than we have now if Davis is going to be out of commission for more than just a couple of days.

True enough, Orioles wanted to go in another direction. FWIW, I would have loved to see the Orioles resign Reynolds. I just didn't want him at 1B. :)

Betemit is a 1B/3B, not a starter at those positions, but he can fill in well enough in a pinch. He's a DH who can crush righties. He got hurt.

Brian Roberts was supposed to be the starter. He got hurt. We have Casilla, Flaherty, and Navarro in the minors as options for that 2B position.

Valencia is a DH and 3B who can crush lefties. But we have Reimold up here trying to find his swing at DH and can play LF.

But when Betemit got hurt, Roberts got hurt, and with Casilla/Flaherty struggling along with Reimold it mice sign. akes things worse...obviously.

Mark Reynolds would have been a nice signing. But let's not act as if Duquette and gang didn't sign a ton of depth. They did.

Options in minors for Davis: Ishikawa, Canzler, Valencia.

This may force a look at Thome

Options in minors for Davis: Ishikawa, Canzler, Valencia.[/Quote]

Define depth. Danny Valencia, Ishikawa, Canzler, Betemit et al are just not good enough depth IMO at 1B when you had a guy that you could have kept who would have strengthened your position at DH and provided you with some quality depth at 1B. I love the O's, I like DD a lot and still have faith in him long term but lets call a turd a turd. That decision by this team was an absolute turd and they are paying the price. Saying lets not bring that up again simply because its come to pass what a lot of people were worried about is a little unfair.

Lets hope Davis is going to be ok and not miss any significant amount of time. The prospect of any combination of names you had above filling that role is downright scary when you consider the offensive output we are getting in other areas.

Archived