Crush Davis is hurt

weams

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thats really encouraging. Glad to hear that. Even if it takes a week or two I can live with that. Just nothing that will keep him out longterm please.

Yeah. And actually Davis said definitively that there was nothing structurally wrong. I, however, will not hear it until the MRI results are back. I just don't know how CD can say that as confidently as he did. As I mentioned before, perhaps the trainers have a pretty good idea based on how the knee feels to their touch. Only problem is that Davis did not cite any sort of professional opinion when he said what he said.

Perhaps I need to just go to sleep... :D

Defense is more important than a possible minute upgrade offensively. Say you put Markakis at 1B. Who goes in RF and who goes to DH. Compare that to Markakis in RF (his natural position), Pearce at 1B (his natural position) and Reimold at DH. Unless it's a significant offensive upgrade over that alignment, it makes no sense at all.

I think Nick could handle it myself. Hoepfully we won't have to worry about it. Vs lefties I would leave him in RF. Pearce at 1B and Reimold DH. I would do it vs RHP. I then would put Dickerson in RF. If Chris is out awhile then McLouth will have to play everyday.

More from Chris:

"My knee kind of buckled. Felt a tingling in my foot, thought I could walk it off. ... couldn’t go down the stairs"

"I’m going to think of it as a little bump in the road. Like I said, it’ll just be a few days and get back out there."

Defense is more important than a possible minute upgrade offensively. Say you put Markakis at 1B. Who goes in RF and who goes to DH. Compare that to Markakis in RF (his natural position), Pearce at 1B (his natural position) and Reimold at DH. Unless it's a significant offensive upgrade over that alignment, it makes no sense at all.

Dickerson RF/Reimold DH against RHP. Reimold RF/Pearce DH against LHP.

Pearce/Reimold/Dickerson are all competent in RF imo. Pearce would play first against LHP.

Hopefully we're not going to go with Flaherty starting at first base and Pearce at first (or even starting) against RHP is not good imo. I'm assuming this is a short term thing and I see no need to call up Ishikawa.

I've seen Nick at first a few times and he looks very comfortable there. I think he's a natural for the position quite frankly. Sounds like Buck is quite prepared to play him there, but I could probably see him just going with Pearce at first base as you've indicated.

Yeah, hopefully just a couple of days. I didn't realize Pearce's splits against RHP's were so poor (career .594 OPS).

Yeah he doesn't look good either. I've heard that Nick likes playing first base. Practices, whatever. I think they've prepared him. Wish I could recall Buck's exact words in the post game press conference but I didn't record it.

I was not far from first base when it happened. First I thought it was a hamstring and that bothered me enough, but when I saw him hopping down

the runway I thought it was a knee and fought, 'Oh God if he's got a tear we are finished." We absolutely cannot go with Flaherty at first base IF

Davis is out for an extended period or worse. You can call anybody that second guesses the depth issue as " negative nelly" or whatever you want to

call it, but the truth is this team in paper thin in all infield positions in terms of bat and glove. Substituting Flaherty for Davis is like replacing

Popeye with Olive Oyl. Doom and Gloom if he's hurt bad? You bet gang. We'll hope for the best, but this team has very poor options at first.

Flaherty won't be playing 1B.

It's either Markakis or Pearce.

If Davis needs to be DL'ed, Canzler is going to be called up to DH. Pearce plugged in at 1B along with Markakis.

Exactly how many teams have legit replacements for their entire roster as some of you are saying we don't? I'd guess exactly none. AAA depth we have is probably on par with what most teams have, well, except those with an uber prospect at a certain spot. Nothing like completely unreal expectations.

I think the instant analysis of a knee injury is a bit pointless. It could be something serious, it could be something that will have him back in the lineup Sunday. Until he is examined and MRI is conducted speculating is pointless.

I also agree with the notion of giving it a rest on Reynolds. He is an Indian. Let it go.

Archived