Crush Davis is hurt

weams

Yeah, he was walking on his own, and then down the steps he sat down and was being looked at by the trainer. Most likely because of the steps.

So hopefully worst case he may only miss a few games....one can pray at least .

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Betemit had an 859 OPS against righties in 2012. Valencia has a career OPS of 831 against lefties.

Ishikawa plays great defense and a career 733 OPS at 1B.

Canzler is a DH type.

There is depth, but when guys like Reimold, Casilla, and Flaherty are all struggling...it looks really bad especially with our best hitter hurt.

Let's just hope he's not out...and if he isn't it's not for extended period of time.

Define depth. Danny Valencia, Ishikawa, Canzler, Betemit et al are just not good enough depth IMO at 1B when you had a guy that you could have kept who would have strengthened your position at DH and provided you with some quality depth at 1B. I love the O's, I like DD a lot and still have faith in him long term but lets call a turd a turd. That decision by this team was an absolute turd and they are paying the price. Saying lets not bring that up again simply because its come to pass what a lot of people were worried about is a little unfair.

Lets hope Davis is going to be ok and not miss any significant amount of time. The prospect of any combination of names you had above filling that role is downright scary when you consider the offensive output we are getting in other areas.

You may not like the names you have listed but you're also not thinking relative to the rest of the league. I bet most teams in the league would love to have the type of depth we have at AAA.

As far as Reynolds goes.... he's having an incredible start to the year. It's a long year.

First off and forth most - I hope CD is ok!

if not, glad we played it on the cheap in the off season... not a surprise, well, not a surprise at all

Yep... for all of us in the know (and yeah, we know it all too well) welcome back to the gooood old years of Orioles baseball of 98-2011. Hope I'm wrong - I REALLY hope I'm wrong

Betemit had an 859 OPS against righties in 2012. Valencia has a career OPS of 831 against lefties.

Ishikawa plays great defense and a career 733 OPS at 1B.

Canzler is a DH type.

There is depth, but when guys like Reimold, Casilla, and Flaherty are all struggling...it looks really bad especially with our best hitter hurt.

Let's just hope he's not out...and if he isn't it's not for extended period of time.

I get what your saying and that sounds great in theory but the reality is Betemit is atrocious defensively and Valencia I have zero faith in. Short term no prob (15 days etc) but long term...ugh. If the stats comfort some then great.

Far as Reimold, Casilla and Flaherty why is anyone really that surprised by their output? Despite the love he gets here Reimold is a career .257 hitter coming off a lost season, Roberts we all know that story, Flaherty has promise but is very young and not really that seasoned in the minors, Casilla is ok as utility guy but as a starter ugh. Thats not the kind of depth that teams who aim to win a championship aim for IMO. With the core we have that should be the goal. Be it Reynolds, Swisher, or a several other guys there were options out there that could have provided us with better options if things went the way they have to date. Money was the one thing that prevented it and its kinda sad, its not signing Joey Hamilton we are talking its retaining a guy or adding a mid level salary we are talking about. You know the thing that we were supposed to do when we were in a position to compete or so we were told. May sound down but its frustrating cause I think this team has so much potential.

Danny Valencia has been hitting well at Norfolk. I would think if Davis has to be DL'd Valencia would come up to play 1st. I guess it would depend on if Buck and DD think he can play there.

I would think Valencia would get the call as well. scOtt also reminded us in the game thread that Markakis played a little first last season, or maybe the season before. Perhaps Nick could pick that first basemen's glove up again maybe Dickerson gets some more starts in RF versus righties. I don't know.

I get what your saying and that sounds great in theory but the reality is Betemit is atrocious defensively and Valencia I have zero faith in. Short term no prob (15 days etc) but long term...ugh. If the stats comfort some then great.

Far as Reimold, Casilla and Flaherty why is anyone really that surprised by their output? Despite the love he gets here Reimold is a career .257 hitter coming off a lost season, Roberts we all know that story, Flaherty has promise but is very young and not really that seasoned in the minors, Casilla is ok as utility guy but as a starter ugh. Thats not the kind of depth that teams who aim to win a championship aim for IMO. With the core we have that should be the goal. Be it Reynolds, Swisher, or a several other guys there were options out there that could have provided us with better options if things went the way they have to date. Money was the one thing that prevented it and its kinda sad, its not signing Joey Hamilton we are talking its retaining a guy or adding a mid level salary we are talking about. You know the thing that we were supposed to do when we were in a position to compete or so we were told. May sound down but its frustrating cause I think this team has so much potential.

I don't mind not signing Swisher as it would have cost us a draft pick. Besides, an OF of Markakis, Jones, McLouth/Reimold is very good.

Reynolds is a head scratcher just because of not many options aside from hoping that Reimold would perform well and be healthy. Of course there are others like Valencia and Canzler...but not having Betemit hurts as he is so good against righties.

Mark Reynolds is an Indian. Get over it. You probably advocated for Hamilton and LaRoche too but just can't be bothered to mention those.

Big difference between Reynolds and Hamilton/La Roche. Reynolds was an Orioles and probably would have re-signed if offered a contract similar to what he got with the Indians. Hamilton/LaRoche would have taken major $$$ with us competing vs other teams without any edge whatsoever.

Mark Reynolds is an Indian. Get over it. You probably advocated for Hamilton and LaRoche too but just can't be bothered to mention those.

Nope neither of those guys. Whatever your all right. I am willing to bet when Valencia is stinking it up at 1B and Betemit and fumbling around you will be telling us all to shut up. Nice discourse. I forget it's sacrosanct to be critical of anything the O's or DD do ...my apologies

Archived