Crush Davis is hurt

weams

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't mind not signing Swisher as it would have cost us a draft pick. Besides, an OF of Markakis, Jones, McLouth/Reimold is very good.

Reynolds is a head scratcher just because of not many options aside from hoping that Reimold would perform well and be healthy. Of course there are others like Valencia and Canzler...but not having Betemit hurts as he is so good against righties.

Thats all I am saying. Not calling for DD head on a stick. For all i know the guy may well have wanted to keep him and is doing the best he can. I wont pretend though that its the move of a team whose first priority is bringing home a title. Its the move of a team trying to save money IMO. To the best of my knowledge DD does the best he can with what he is given. There is no reason on gods green earth this team could not afford to either keep Reynolds or bring in a comparable commodity

I wonder if this means anything? Would think modern stadiums could have gotten it done tonight.

Work in the medical field have some experience in this area. Even in modern stadiums were they can do an initial scan to check for a large scale injury they will frequently repeat the scan in 24-72 hours. The initial swelling of the injury can sometimes obscure the injury. Waiting till tomorrow wont affect much in terms of how they treat him moving forward.

I know it's player speak, but Buck said Chris is upbeat.

Yeah just heard that. I don't think we can understate his importance. The thing that would worry me is Jones pressing and swinging at even more pitches off the plate. He impacts the whole lineup. He is set up to have one of those special seasons. Man I hope we get good news tomorrow.

Work in the medical field have some experience in this area. Even in modern stadiums were they can do an initial scan to check for a large scale injury they will frequently repeat the scan in 24-72 hours. The initial swelling of the injury can sometimes obscure the injury. Waiting till tomorrow wont affect much in terms of how they treat him moving forward.

Makes sense. I just want the news ASAP like everyone else does.

Really? No decent back-up for Manny, no decent back up for Hardy, no decent back up for BRob, and no decent backup for Davis--seriously, where is the depth? I know Flaherty can play all infield positions, but is that what you call depth? I honestly think not re-signing Reynolds is going to haunt us deep into the season.

Where's the depth you ask? - well come on, you should know better. Ask Angelos - it's all about appearances, and if we win that's coincidental

I wonder if we don't see a setup of Flaherty/Pearce at 1B. Call up Canzler to DH.

Against lefties:

1. Reimold - LF

2. Machado - 3B

3. Markakis - RF

4. Jones - CF

5. Wieters - C

6. Pearce - 1B

7. Hardy - SS

8. Canzler - DH

9. Casilla - 2B

Against righties:

1. McLouth - LF

2. Machado - 3B

3. Markakis - RF

4. Jones - CF

5. Wieters - C

6. Canzler - DH

7. Hardy - SS

8. Flaherty - 1B

9. Casilla - 2B

Canzler has shown he can hit righties and lefties in the minors.

Archived