What non-Orioles players do you enjoy watching?

InsideCoroner

When I was younger it would be sacrilege to even think about watching another team, but as I've gotten a bit older, I realized there are certain players (long retired) I regret not watching closer, just to see how they played the game. Specifically guys like Gwynn, Eric Davis in his prime, and other guys who were just exciting to watch.

One guy that I enjoy seeing lately is Miguel Cabrera. Not hitting against the O's, mind you, but just watching how he swings a bat. He's ridiculous. He was already leading the league in average and RBI's, and this past week? He hit .536. Watching him hit is like playing a baseball video game on the "Easy" setting. I like watching Joey Votto for similar reasons, and was always grateful that Todd Helton wasn't on another AL East team. I'm curious to see how Mike Trout, Bryce Harper and others pan out.

Just curious what players were on the collective radar as guys you imminently respect.

I appreciate watching Andrew McCutchen, Clayton Kershaw, Yasiel Puig, Torii Hunter, Miguel Cabrera and Buster Posey to name a few.

WHEW! Cabrera is a fearsome player! I'm glad we contained him as much as we did. More singles than HRs. :) And Detroit's whole lineup. 4-2 tho, done with DET in the regular season...

Rickey Henderson when I was younger him along with Tony Gwynn and for some odd reason Fred Mcgriff. I liked watching Maddux pitch and John Smoltz. I am in my thirties now and don't have time outside of my team to watch them closely though as when I was younger. So I am quite south to your north on this one :). I liked the fast guys as well like Otis Nixon, Marquis Grissom, Kenny Lofton etc...

Rickey Henderson when I was younger him along with Tony Gwynn and for some odd reason Fred Mcgriff. I liked watching Maddux pitch and John Smoltz. I am in my thirties now and don't have time outside of my team to watch them closely though as when I was younger. So I am quite south to your north on this one :). I liked the fast guys as well like Otis Nixon, Marquis Grissom, Kenny Lofton etc...

If we are talking all time then Big Head Bonds.

It was amazing watching him get one pitch to hit in four at bats, then punishing it.

I always liked the multi-tool guys. So as a result, I loved Small Head Bonds when he just came up with the Bucs. Maddux was a complete craftsman: I loved when you could see he didn't have his good stuff, and watching him adjust to find a way to get guys out with what he had. Doc Gooden's first couple years... his 1985 year was just off-the-charts, Bob Gibson-level insane. Another guy I found myself rooting for up to his very last days was Julio Franco. A former All-Star shortstop pinch-hitting homers in his mid-40s? I loved it.

Archived