The Cleveland Series

SilentJames

Big series for the Orioles starts this afternoon in Cleveland.

The Indians sit a half game behind the Orioles in the wildcard race, they have held on.

This series is the last time the Indians will play an outright playoff contender for the remainder, unless you count Kansas City (I don't).

The Orioles need to put some distance between themselves and teams chasing them.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Big series for the Orioles starts this afternoon in Cleveland.

The Indians sit a half game behind the Orioles in the wildcard race, they have held on.

This series is the last time the Indians will play an outright playoff contender for the remainder, unless you count Kansas City (I don't).

The Orioles need to put some distance between themselves and teams chasing them.

I agree. I keep pushing back my deadline for an Orioles dominant road trip or homestand. First, I wanted 6 of 8 on the SD, SF, ARI trip and we ended up 4-4. Then we needed, at least, a 6-3 homestand, and finished 5-4. Now we're 2-4.....I'll take 2 of 3. Keep plugging away Orioles, good things may still happen.

I sincerely doubt this team has forgotten how to win baseball games.

If the Orioles want to make a September run it needs to start here in Cleveland. Win this series and Cleveland needs another win to hop them. They have an easy schedule, but they still have to play the games.

Sorry but they wont beat Masterson today. In some ways he may be the toughest pitcher the Orioles face or have faced this year. Nearly unhittable.

Thats not reverse jinx stuff, Buck says so too.On to game 2.

Roy, that is absurd. I can only hope you're joking.

Sorry but they wont beat Masterson today. In some ways he may be the toughest pitcher the Orioles face or have faced this year. Nearly unhittable.

Roy, its great when you post this stuff. It almost always seems to end up differently than you predict.

Im starting to feel the tremors of some magic and it begins today.

I have a feeling we are going to sweep Cleveland, and whip them today. If we lose today, I will never post again. You have my word on that.

We've heard that before from other folks. It never really works that way. They come back. As themselves. Or someone else.

He is 6-4 with a 4.71 ERA in his career against the Orioles.

So yeah, and the Orioles beat him once already this year.

But you know never let numbers and facts get in the way of that stuff.

Roy, its great when you post this stuff. It almost always seems to end up differently than you predict.

Im starting to feel the tremors of some magic and it begins today.

Seriously Roy, how often do you have to be wrong before you just stop. Maybe take a couple minutes to look up some numbers first?

Norris (9-10, 4.13) vs. Masterson (14-9, 3.49)

Tillman (15-4, 3.61) vs. Jiminez (9-9, 3.95)

Gonzalez (8-7, 4.11) vs. McAllister (7-8, 3.81)

This looks to be a very evenly matched series. Cleveland may have an edge in 2 of the 3 pitching matchups, but the Tribe has not hit well since the all-star break (.684 OPS, 3.78 runs/game).

Archived