vs. Indians 9/3

weams

White Sox 3-1 over Yankees..

They scored 2 runs in the inning just now ........ but with a runner on 3rd base and only one out, Paul Konerko lined into a double play !!! :angryfire: That's THE WORST kind of double play that there is, if you're rooting for the team that is at-bat.

The good news is that the last time the White Sox played the Yankees, they swept them in Chicago. And even though they lost the series opener yesterday, they have a good chance to win today with Chris Sale on the mound, staked to a 3-1 lead. And if they do, that will have been 4 wins in their last 5 games against those bastards.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The reason Davis gets pitched around so much is because Jones can be an easy out. Put somebody with a real high OBP behind him and they might think twice.

I think most opposing pitchers and managers have a higher regard for jones than you. Also, wasn't the constant criticism of bucks lineups that cd should be ahead of jonesey as he was the best option for protection?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Another MLB player, once a teammate and friend of Ohtani, maybe tied to gambling. I didn't bother to try to understand the exact timeline or tie to Ohtani, which seems to be just as friends, but here it is for anyone interested. https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/40166891/angels-david-fletcher-bet-bookie
    • Not for someone who has money riding on him winning the award.
    • Well, now that we’ve established the hitting sucks, is it a good time to complain that this pitching is obviously over performing and will crash and burn any day now?
    • The bullpen has much more depth this year than last year but it just feels like you don’t know who will be the guy each night.  Last year it was get to the 8th and you knew it was Cano and Bautista and lights out.  This year it doesn’t seem to be set roles especially with Kimberly strugggles and out as clasper for now possibly.  I also think Hyde gets a lot of grief about how he handles the bullpen but I think he has been great at looking at the game situation and with who he wants facing what guys.  Cano might come in the 6th one night then close the next, same with Webb or even Coulumbe.  I know a lot of it is analytics but as a group they make a plan and seem to stick with it instead of some managers that have 7 inning guy an 8th inning guy and closer and don’t deviate much.  
    • On the replay you can see that Julio was lightly jogging after the ball-- either assuming the RF would get it, or assuming Hays wouldn't run. Good on Hays for taking advantage and turning it into a double. 
    • I think in general people are more negative in life not just in sports and they need to blame someone or something.  In previous years we had a scapegoat in Peter and John.  Elias didn’t go out and make a trade it was because he didn’t have the money to go get anyone or the owner didn’t want to spend.  Now for the most part people seem to think new ownership will give the ok to spend more so now if we don’t do it it is on Elias, Sig, and Hyde for not getting best out of the players.  We dint make a big trade last year and most people just went with well John is cheap we don’t do what they want now it will fall on Elias more then last year in peoples eyes imo.  
  • Popular Contributors