Hangouters 2013 Top-30 prospect lists

Tony-OH

Well, we're almost ready to start putting out our top 30 prospect list. The order is done, but now we need to start the write ups. We hope to start the countdown from ten to one on Monday, November 4th.

So here's your chance to give out your top 30 list and see how it compares to our list. As always, we won't comment too much on the list so not to give away our order, but we may give out some clues here and there.

BTW, Gausman is still eligible for the list as he did not exhaust his rookie status according to the Orioles.

1- Dylan Bundy

2- Kevin Gausman

3- Hunter Harvey

4- Eduardo Rodriguez

5- Jonathan Schoop

6- Michael Ohlman

7- Mike Wright

8- Zach Davies

9- Chance Sisco

10- Dariel Alvarez

Thats all I am going to do right now because the rest is so interchangeable, however, while not being a highly regarded system in regards to the national media, I really do like our top 10. IMO Rodriguez has slightly separated himself from Schoop as the better prospect due to a combination of age/projection and "now" stuff or skill. Almost inclined to put Ohlman ahead of Schoop although I am sure most outlets will disagree. As has been the issue over the last few years, we lack depth, but we have quite a few high ceiling prospects, especially arms.

1. Kevin Gausman RHP

2. Dylan Bundy RHP

3. Hunter Harvey RHP

4. Eduardo Rodriguez LHP

5. Jon Schoop 2B

6. Mike Ohlman C/1B

7. Mike Wright RHP

8. Henry Urrutia OF*

9. Chance Sisco C*

10. Josh Hart CF*

11. Adrian Marin SS

12. Dariel Alvarez RF

13. Tyler Wilson RHP

14. Christian Walker 1B

15. Parker Bridwell RHP

16. Stephen Tarpley LHP

17. Josh Davies RHP

18. Branden Kline RHP

19. Tim Berry LHP

20. Sebastian Vader RHP

21. Oliver Drake RHP

22. Travis Seabrooke LHP

23. Wynston Sawyer C

24. Ben Parry LHP

25. Matt Hobgood RHP

26. Glynn Davis CF

27. Mychal Givens RHP

28. Alex Mercedes CF

29. Connor Bierfeldt OF

30. Alex Santana RHP

Orange = 2013 Draft

This is one of those catch-22 things. Really cool to see the prospects and what we have in the system.

But, when we go back and revisited them, like the 2008 list, then it's kinda of depressing to see how so few turned out.

Hopefully, with a better plan in place now, in 2018, we can go back five years and see several names on this list on the parent club and producing.

This is one of those catch-22 things. Really cool to see the prospects and what we have in the system.

But, when we go back and revisited them, like the 2008 list, then it's kinda of depressing to see how so few turned out.

Hopefully, with a better plan in place now, in 2018, we can go back five years and see several names on this list on the parent club and producing.

Hindsight is of course always 20/20, but that system from 08 if I recall was pretty highly regarded, but one of the glaring differences between now and then is that we currently have 3 pitchers with true #1 potential in our top 5. I don't think you could have said that back in 08.

You can do that with just about any list for just about any team. It's just the nature of the business. Most of these guys will not make it.

My 10, though I'm guessing Tony will target a higher upside guy for #10.

1. Bundy

2. Gausman

3. Harvey

4. Rodriguez

5. Schoop

6. Ohlman

7. Sisco

8. Wright

9. Urrutia

10. Walker

I'm guessing most will have Wright at 6 or 7. If he sticks as a #4-ish starter, that makes sense. As a good bullpen arm, he gets a slight ding from me. I could have made a place for Hart or Marin, but I think they're 11-15 guys, for me at least...plus I still like Walker's bat.

1. Bundy

2. Gausman

3. Schoop

4. Harvey

5. Rodriguez

6. Wright

7. Ohlman

8. Sisco

9. Urrutia

10. Walker

11. Bridwell

12. Hart

13. Marin

14. Davies

15. Alvarez

16. Tarpley

17. Kline

18. Drake

19. Wilson

20. Berry

21. D. Jones

22. Vader

23. Hobgood

24. Seabrook

25. Wager

26. Bierfeldt

27. Wheeler

28. Rennie

29. Mancini

30. Heim

Harvey behind EdRod because of proximity to the Major's? Or do you think EdRod has a higher ceiling? Just curious.

Proximity mostly. I don't know that Harvey's ceiling is much higher, if higher at all, than EdRod. I may value likelihood over ceiling more than most people.

Great thread, Tony, I wait for this each year with great anticipation. Well, this year I've gotten even more into it. I have now visited each minor league affiliate with the exception of the two DSL teams. I've seen almost every player on my list in person and have combined this with the statistical approach I use. In my opinion, we have quite a few interesting pitchers and very few hitters. Here's my list:

1. Gausman

2. D. Bundy

3. E. Rodriguez

4. Schoop

5. Harvey

6. Wright

7. Davies

8. Ohlman

9. Sisco

10. Urrutia

11. Walker

12. Wilson

13. Rennie

14. Vader

15. D. Jones

16. Marin

17. Stinson

18. Kline

19. Drake

20. Horacek

21. Parry

22. Mancini

23. Tarpley

24. B. Bundy

25. Alvarez

26. Bridwell

27. Alvarado

28. Moreno

29. Brault

30. Floranus

Just missed: J. Hart, G. Davis, Howard, Bierfeldt, Berry

Proximity mostly. I don't know that Harvey's ceiling is much higher, if higher at all, than EdRod. I may value likelihood over ceiling more than most people.

Thanks. Well, like oldorioles said we are pitching heavy, but that is not necessarily a bad thing. Really enjoy getting everyone's take on our top 30.

Ceiling for Harvey is a true #1, I think EdRod is more of a mid rotation starter. Harvey has the better FB with more in the tank at a much younger age. From my understanding, Harvey has the better (main)secondary offering with the chance to improve it. I don't think there is much of an argument to be made as far as their ceilings even being remotely close, but the argument would be floor, track record, and proximity to the majors being weighted heavier on a prospect list.

Archived