Orioles 40-man Roster Tracker

Oldorioles

I am pretty sure that Matusz is out of options.

Matusz was optioned in 2009, 2011 and 2012 using up three options. He is not longer eligible for a 4th option because he has 5 years of professional service.

Yep, everything you wrote is correct. He's out of options.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didn't Gausman use an option last year, therefore he would only have 2 remaining?

Just asking!

I'll change it to two remaining but, for the purposes of options, Gausman only has completed one season. So, if he were to get optioned this upcoming season and in 2015 that would be three options used. Since he would have less than five "seasons" of experience he would get an additional option. That's why I had it at three remaining. Of course, if Gausman is still being optioned in 2015 and hasn't established himself we have bigger problems. :)

I'll change it to two remaining but, for the purposes of options, Gausman only has completed one season. So, if he were to get optioned this upcoming season and in 2015 that would be three options used. Since he would have less than five "seasons" of experience he would get an additional option. That's why I had it at three remaining. Of course, if Gausman is still being optioned in 2015 and hasn't established himself we have bigger problems. :)

Absolutely.

You are right about him having the 4th option until he has 5

years of professional service. I thought I read that only kids

who were signed before they were 19 and have less than 5

years of professional service got the 4th option. But I can't

find that anywhere. The only thing I can find is what

you have written. So it looks like he does have 3 options

remaining. And you are right, if he has not established

himself in the next two or three years we do have bigger

problems than how many options he has left. Thanks for your work.

Archived