Orioles 40-man Roster Tracker

Oldorioles

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone else get the feeling that Britton will be given every opportunity to make it on the 25 man due to his lack of options' date=' either as a starter or long reliever?[/quote']

I still think Matusz will be traded and Britton will be given his role.

Does anyone else get the feeling that Britton will be given every opportunity to make it on the 25 man due to his lack of options' date=' either as a starter or long reliever?[/quote']

I think DD and Buck want to see what Wallace and Chiti can do with Britton. There are no guarantees how that turns out though.

Peguero still hasn't officially signed has he. If he hasn't, Ryan Webb puts us at 38.

Peguero is official according to Roch on a 1 year deal. thats 39

http://www.masnsports.com/school_of_roch/2013/12/orioles-reach-agreement-with-webb-on-two-year-deal.html

Also, the Orioles officially have reached agreement with former Giants outfielder Francisco Peguero, 25, on a one-year contract. He will take his physical later today before signing.

Peguero went 6-for-29 with the Giants this year, posting a .207/.233/.345 line with a double, home run, four runs scored and two stolen bases in 18 games. He was 3-for-16 with seven strikeouts, six runs scored and three stolen bases in 2012.

The Orioles added RHP Ryan Webb, so they are indeed at 39. I've updated the OP.

Looks like he has one option left. He was optioned in 2012, but only for 12 days so that one doesn't count.

What is the cutoff for that? I was unaware that if they are only optioned for a limited time it does not count as an option used.

What is the cutoff for that? I was unaware that if they are only optioned for a limited time it does not count as an option used.

If you are optioned for less than 20 days before being recalled you dont lose an option year.

Ryan Webb (I believe) has too much service time to be optioned without his explicit consent.

• 4 weeks later...
The Orioles signed outfielder Tyler Colvin to as major league deal. He has one option remaining. Because of Troy Patton's suspension, the roster is now at 40 players. When Patton comes back from suspension someone will have to go.

Colvin isn't a done deal yet, is he?

Archived