Did Roberts want out of Baltimore?

Ommaculate

Roberts cleaned out his locker after the final game? After all the Orioles did to stick with Roberts, he stabbed the Orioles in the back! Didn't even give them a chance to counter the Yankees offer! What is going on with this guy?

Roberts cleaned out his locker after the Orioles? final game, and Baltimore officials took that as a sign he might want a change of scenery, might want to join a team with a richer history of recent contention. Baltimore executives still believed they would have some chance to counter offers, but Roberts took the Yankees? $2 million bid without notifying the Orioles, who probably would have gone to that amount ? maybe a drop more ? to keep a player long viewed as a favorite of owner Peter Angelos.

http://nypost.com/2013/12/19/showalter-brian-roberts-will-be-good-fit-for-yankees/

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey, where are Silent James and dan-O to swoop in and defend Roberts? Any minute now...

I was OK with Roberts leaving for the Yankees when I thought the Orioles didn't want him. According to the article they would have matched the Yankees offer but he never gave the Orioles a chance.

For all the fashionable Roberts bashing here on this site, I sure hope Flaherty can at least hit more than his physical weight this season when given the job full time. I have my doubts....and it would not surpise me to see him replace Roberts as the whipping boy....

Archived